Valid product key fails after sysprep run

perplexed

ran sysprep on computer.
when boot same computer and go thru mini install,
rejects valid windows product code. now can do
nothing more.

k2list

FWIW, I experienced the same situation with a RIS installation.
I deleted the defective RIS installation, created a new one, and it worked
without problems.

I suspect that one or more of my source files was corrupted.

Try recloning your computer with the same image and rerunning sysprep. More
likely, you'll have to recreate the image. I suggest that you use a
different source for the w2k installation files.

Scott McArthur [MSFT]

Patti,

If it is rejecting the cdkey then it is not the correct key for that media.
CDKEYS are media and SKU specific. For example trying to use a oem cdkey
on a retail installation or using a retail key on OEM installation. Using
a Professional key on a server installation or the other way around. If
you can provide some more details we can determine why the key is not
working

Scott McArthur[MS]
Microsoft Windows Server Setup Support