VALARM-tag in .vcs-file is not imported in Outlook

Tom Tom via OfficeKB.com

Hi There

I have a .vcs-file containing a meeting and a reminder. I can only import
the meeting in Outlook 2000, but the reminder ist not stored in Outlook.
If I take a .ics-file the import works and both, the meeting and the
reminder is stored in Outlook.

Is the tag VALARM not supported in .vcs version 1.0?
I also used TRIGGER:VALUE with and without a hiphen - but without success.
Also a tag called DALARM is not imported.

Do you have any idea?
Help is much appreciated.

Tom

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

VALARM was added in 2.0 and Outlook 2000 does not gracefully ignore that parameter.

Joined
May 2, 2012
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
The which tag can be used for creating alarm in .vcs file for outlook 2003. So that it overriddes the default settings for reminder.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of