USMT and Outlook Auto Archive

Is it possible to configure Microsoft’s USTM to migrate Outlook Auto Archive
settings?

We’ve been successful in getting the Outlook Views, ODBC connections, Mapped
Drives, and other misc. Windows settings transferred over via USMT. However,
Auto Archive settings (frequency, size, age, etc…) do *not* get migrated
regardless of what we try. Oddly, any configured .pst file *is* migrated.

The environments consist of Windows 2000, Windows XP, Office 2000, and
Office 2003. Migrations are almost always from Office 2000 to Office 2003.
Has anyone been able to make USMT migrate Auto Archive settings?

Jason Tan

Hello,

Thanks for posting!

From your post, I understand that you want to migrate the Auto Archive
settings of Outlook (Outlook 2003 is assumed) via USMT.

Based on my research, we are unable to achieve the goal via USMT. Since the
Auto Archive settings is stored in registry key. However, the USMT does not
migrate the settings regarding registry key. I suggest you attempt to
export/import registry key to migrate this settings. All the settings
regarding the Auto Archive settings of Outlook are located as the following
registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\Preferences

For example, as to DeleteExpired registry key is responsible for the
"Delete expired items (e-mail folder only)" option.

Value: 0 uncheck
1 Check

Hope the information helps.

Best Regards,