Using %Temp% to delete files from Start, then Run

I was told some time ago that I should go to Start, Run then type in %temp%.
then delete all the files associated in this folder(s). I've used disk
cleanup, IE clean up, but can I and should i do this opperation or will I
delete something i should leave on my system? i am using windows XP Home
media edition 2004

any help/advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

paul

David Candy

Disk Cleanup does it after they are 7 days old so don't bother doing it manually.

antioch

Hello David
Disk Cleanup doesn't touch one lot of temp files/folders.
I do it the way the poster suggested, but once a week, as advised in this
newsgroup. The same thing happened on my previous comp. running XP SP2,
and I have to do it this way on the current comp.
Every time I switch on the computer, up to 6 items are loaded into a temp
folder. They are still there the next time I switch on and another 6 have
been added. When I delete, only those very current ones remain.
I think you will find others have posted with similar stories.
Rgds
Antioch

"David Candy" <.> wrote in message
Disk Cleanup does it after they are 7 days old so don't bother doing it
manually.

David Candy

Perhaps you should learn how to read rather than post your pathetic dribblings. I choose words to mean exactly what they mean. You are too stupid to read.

antioch

David
Sorry if I made you look a prat.
'I choose words to mean exactly what they mean' - and you do not like it
if somebody suggests you could be wrong, do you?
I only gave personal experience to the poster. Not a mandatory suggestion
(which does not work for me).
Perhaps you could make a point, if you have one that is, rather than be
insulting.