Using Sysprep

Mark McMurray

I am trying to use sysprep to prepare an image for
deployment at our school. I have a volume license
agreement and the image was made using the volume license
key. I put it together using the GUI.

After running sysprep and ghosting the image to a new
computer I still have to accept the End User License
Agreement, type in the Name of the Organization and the
License Key, set the date and time zone even though it is
in the Sysprep.inf file. I am running sysprep.exe from a
floppy. I checked and rechecked the license number and it
is accurate. It should just enter this information so I
do not have to type it in 100 times. Below is a copy of
the Sysprep.inf with the license number removed. Any
suggestion on how to fix this or on how to more
effeciently use this process would be apprecated. Anyone
willing to send me a copy of a Sysprep.inf file that they
have used successfuly can do so at the above address.

TIA

Mark McMurray
OS Windows XPSP1
LAN Windows 2003

;SetupMgrTag
[Unattended]
OemSkipEula=Yes

[GuiUnattended]

AdminPassword=39bc034d2fdf3d17aad3b435b51404eeabb7b0a82f409
aeea3e656f8881fdec3
EncryptedAdminPassword=Yes
AutoLogon=Yes
AutoLogonCount=1
OEMSkipRegional=1
OEMDuplicatorstring=EN-100
TimeZone=10
OemSkipWelcome=1

[UserData]
ProductID="xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx"
FullName="Frenchtown School District"
OrgName="Frenchtown, Montana"
ComputerName=*

[TapiLocation]
CountryCode=1
Dialing=Tone
AreaCode=406

[SetupMgr]
DistFolder=C:\sysprep\i386
DistShare=whistlerdist

[Identification]
JoinDomain=FTSD
DomainAdmin=administrator
DomainAdminPassword=password

[Networking]
InstallDefaultComponents=Yes

Brian

You say you are running sysprep from floppy. Where are you putting your
sysprep.inf file? when you start sysprep and you check off the box for mini
setup it is not going to look for it on your floppy. Create a folder called
"sysprep" extract sysprep.exe and associated files to the folder save your
sysprep.inf file there as well. this folder will be deleted once the
computer rebuilds its self

Scott McArthur [MSFT]

Mark,

You must run sysprep.exe from c:\sysprep. The inf must be in the
c:\sysprep folder and be called sysprep.inf. We do not support sysprep.inf
on floppies anymore. In some cases it might work but it is very hit or
miss.

Scott McArthur[MS]
Microsoft Windows Server Setup Support