Using rollover effects

Hello,

I'm attempting to use a rollover effect where hyperlinks change color on a mouse rollover. I can get it to work easily on some pages, but not on others even though I'm using the same procedure. I am not using a theme, which I see can interfere with rollover effects.

The procedure I'm using is to click on Design. Then I right click on the page, go to Page Properties, then to the Advanced tab. I click on the box to put a check mark next to "Enable hyperlink rollover effects", then click on the "Rollover style" button to select the style I want to use.

I find this works to implement rollover effects about half the time. All pages I've attempted to use it on are frames pages (regular frames, not inline). I'm using FrontPage 2003. Would anyone have any idea why it's not working on some pages?

Thank you,
Aly

JDR

Aly,

Each Frame is going to have it's own Frame / Page
properties.

For example if you have a navigation frame and select the
Rollover effects on that frame / page, it will only apply
to your navigation frame. Any page that is brought into
a frameset will inherit it's own page properties.

If you still have a problem, post the url to the site so
people can view it and help you with it.

JDR
*************
I'm attempting to use a rollover effect where hyperlinks
change color on a mouse rollover. I can get it to work
easily on some pages, but not on others even though I'm
using the same procedure. I am not using a theme, which I
see can interfere with rollover effects.
The procedure I'm using is to click on Design. Then I
right click on the page, go to Page Properties, then to
the Advanced tab. I click on the box to put a check mark
next to "Enable hyperlink rollover effects", then click
on the "Rollover style" button to select the style I want
to use.
I find this works to implement rollover effects about
half the time. All pages I've attempted to use it on are
frames pages (regular frames, not inline). I'm using
FrontPage 2003. Would anyone have any idea why it's not
working on some pages?

Andre Rodziewicz

Are you using an "include page" component? If so your rollovers will
not work on other pages unless you cut and paste the rollover style
script from your "include page" to between the head tags on your other
pages.

Andre Rodziewicz
WimbledonVisitor.Com
Helping your business reach the world
The Wimbledon Business Directory
Search Engine Optimisation and Web Design
http://www.wimbledonvisitor.com/products

Thomas A. Rowe

Or you paste the code from the head on the include page so that it is
between the <body>.....</body> tags. However you can have any body onload
statements.

WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, Forums, WebCircle,
MS KB Quick Links, etc.

Alysandra <[email protected]> wrote in message
a mouse rollover. I can get it to work easily on some pages, but not on
others even though I'm using the same procedure. I am not using a theme,
which I see can interfere with rollover effects.page, go to Page Properties, then to the Advanced tab. I click on the box to
put a check mark next to "Enable hyperlink rollover effects", then click on
the "Rollover style" button to select the style I want to use.pages I've attempted to use it on are frames pages (regular frames, not
inline). I'm using FrontPage 2003. Would anyone have any idea why it's not
working on some pages?

Jon Spivey

just as a PS to this, if you place scripts after the body tag you can do
onloads like this
<script type="text/javascript">
function someThing(){
// stuff
}
onload=someThing;
</script>
this would accomplish the same as
Notice there's no brackets after the function name. If you had several
functions to run onload you'd make a little wrapper function
<script type="text/javascript">
function someThing(){
// stuff
}