Using Frames and hyperlink takes over webpage

G

I am currently using Frames. I have banner, contents and main frames. Most of my targets work correctly when I ask to open the links in the main frame. However I have a few that actually take over...they open over my entire page and if I hit back it just reloads those pages.

I also have a hyperlink that opens in the correct frame, but again if I hit the back page it just reloads the page again.

Is there anyway to fix these problems? I have to use Frames because of another program we have to combine our website with.

Thanks so much for the help!

T

Thomas A. Rowe

Are the "bad" links to pages within your site or to external sites? If external, then you have no
control over this as the site has code their page to break out of a frameset.

--
==============================================
Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.
==============================================

Lisa said:
I am currently using Frames. I have banner, contents and main frames. Most of my targets work
correctly when I ask to open the links in the main frame. However I have a few that actually take
over...they open over my entire page and if I hit back it just reloads those pages.

G

I was afraid that was the answer...yes they are to external websites. Thanks so much for the information. I think I'll have those links open up in a new browser window.

Ask a Question