Using BCM Contacts as default address book?

Dave Jennings

Hi

I'd like to use my BCM contacts folder as my main address book when I'm
searching for contacts. Can someone please tell me how to set this up?

Thanks.

Regards,

Dave.

John Christian

Dave:

I think the only thing you can do is disable your other Conacts(s) folders
as Outlook e-mail Address Books. If that is okay with you, then right-click
the non-BCM Contact folder(s), choose properties, choose Outlook Address
Book, and un-check the "Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book" box.

John

Bob Cooley

Hi Dave,

Try this:

1. Click on Tools, Address Book.
2. Click on Tools, Options (inside the Address Book window).
3. Click the dropdown list and choose Business Contacts to "Show this
address list first."
4. Ensure that Business Contacts is at the top of the list two sections
below in this same window.
5. Click OK.
6. Close the Address Book.
7. Test...

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Bob Cooley, MCSE
Supportability Program Manager
for Outlook & BCM
--------------------
| From: "Dave Jennings" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Using BCM Contacts as default address book?
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook.bcm
| Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 08:12:24 -0700
|
| Hi
|
| I'd like to use my BCM contacts folder as my main address book when I'm
| searching for contacts. Can someone please tell me how to set this up?
|
| Thanks.
|
| Regards,
|
| Dave.
| --
| Dave Jennings
| '89 VS 1400, '99 ZX6R www.cruiserclubcaledonia.com

Dave Jennings

John Christian yik-yakked:
Dave:

I think the only thing you can do is disable your other Conacts(s)

Hi John,

Thanks for the info. Bob Cooley has suggested another option in this
thread which I'll try first, but I really appreciate you taking the
time to reply.

Best regards,

Dave.