Users group membership not being read

G

I have a Global group that I use administrators that call into pcAnywhere remotes and have PCA configured to use that windows group as a caller. I added a new administrator to the group but PCA doesn't recogise it. The other existing members work fine and if I add the user as an explicit caller - no problem logging on to the host. Why might PCA not be reading that users membership in that group?

C

Colin Nash [MVP]

Have you rebooted the target? (Actually, I'm wondering if its necessary to
just restart the PCAnywhere server that runs on the target system.)

Matthew Kaess said:
I have a Global group that I use administrators that call into pcAnywhere
remotes and have PCA configured to use that windows group as a caller. I
added a new administrator to the group but PCA doesn't recogise it. The
other existing members work fine and if I add the user as an explicit
caller - no problem logging on to the host. Why might PCA not be reading
that users membership in that group?

G

Oh most definately on both questions. Multiple times. I even deleted and recreated the security group I am using and that didn't fix it. One thing though - the users in that group that do work are old users that were upgraded from NT4.0 when I upgraded our domain a couple of years ago. The other is a new user that was just created a month ago. I don't know if that has any bearing or not but it's the only thing I have to go on at this point. As I said before, if I add the user explictly as a caller - it works. Just not when the user is only in that group. Isn't there a tool that I can use to see which groups are being associated with the users token after they log on?

Ask a Question