Username:Password

postings

Hi

I am trying to put a hyperlink on an intranet page like this:
http://[username]:[password]@[domainname]/awstats/awstats.pl?config=www

This will go to a blank page in IE6 unless I use Firefox. I am assuming
the reason why this happens is because of MS04-004 Cumulative Security
Update for Internet Explorer (832894). Basically you are not allowed
these type of URL's to prevent phishing, and I don't want to stop this
general behaviour either.

Is there anyway I can create exceptions around this rule, maybe with
javascript or add something to my domain or IE secuirity settings? I am
running a Windows 2003 SBS server (PDC) with IIS6. I just need to work
around this.

Thanks!

Alex

postings

Hi

I don't suppose there is an answer here is there?
(see below)

Cheers

Alex

--->

From: (e-mail address removed) - view profile
Date: Wed, Apr 12 2006 2:12 pm
Email: (e-mail address removed)
Groups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser
Not yet ratedRating:
show options

original | Remove | Report Abuse | Find messages by this author

Hi

I am trying to put a hyperlink on an intranet page like this:
http://[username]:[password]@[domainname]/awstats/awstats.pl?config=www

This will go to a blank page in IE6 unless I use Firefox. I am assuming

the reason why this happens is because of MS04-004 Cumulative Security
Update for Internet Explorer (832894). Basically you are not allowed
these type of URL's to prevent phishing, and I don't want to stop this
general behaviour either.

Is there anyway I can create exceptions around this rule, maybe with
javascript or add something to my domain or IE secuirity settings? I am

running a Windows 2003 SBS server (PDC) with IIS6. I just need to work
around this.

Thanks!

Alex

Gary Smith

So far as I can see, you can retain this feature or disable it, but only
on a program and user basis. If it's enabled for IE, it's enabled for all
IE activity.