user rights managemnt

P

Pohihihi

Hello NG,

I guess this problem is more towards design than toward C# language so if you think that is the case then please kindly point me to the right NG or articals.

Problem is, in my application, I need a have users go through the rights check before performing any function. Now I can't hardcode every function that is available in the application. I was wondering if there is a better design to perform that. For example, like in MS Windows, if users do not have rights to access a folder (local or network) they are prompted and all this can be setup by new kind of groups or rules. Now to follow same thing but in smaller level, if user wants to print a document, my application should check if user has rights or not. Better design will be if all functions are not hardcoded in the application rather some intelligent algorithm created some datastructure to handle that.

Thank you,
Po

A

Alex Sadomov

See msdn by keywords "role based security" and "code access security"
I guess this problem is more towards design than toward C# language so if you think that is the case then please kindly point me to the right NG or articals.

Problem is, in my application, I need a have users go through the rights check before performing any function. Now I can't hardcode every function that is available in the application. I was wondering if there is a better design to perform that. For example, like in MS Windows, if users do not have rights to access a folder (local or network) they are prompted and all this can be setup by new kind of groups or rules. Now to follow same thing but in smaller level, if user wants to print a document, my application should check if user has rights or not. Better design will be if all functions are not hardcoded in the application rather some intelligent algorithm created some datastructure to handle that.

Thank you,
Po

Ask a Question