User Accounts Error

F

frustrated mom

My "User Accounts" on the control panel has an error, and
won't let me in. I think it has something to do with my
new installation of Norton Internet Security 2004, but not
sure. Windows XP is messed up. I can only enter the
system by CTRL-ALT-DEL (on logon icons appear on bootup).
Only my son's limited account, that is not password
protected, can be accessed. I cannot enter my 2 password
protected system adminstrator accounts, so I don't have
the administrator privileges to delete or install
anything. Or even to activate my newly upgraded from
Window 98 to Windows XP Home editon. I just installed XP
and Norton yesterday. The passwords are not expired, so
none of the suggestions in that area apply, but it won't
recognize them. I have reformatted and installed all
these software items 6 times now in 2 weeks. Please help!
Thank you!

G

same thing happened to me, but since our accounts had no passwords, we were able to log into them. my users icon in the control panel will not work either. we used to get a welcome screen with all the usernames, but now we have to log in and out with a little window that asks for a username and password. thankfully the system works though. you might try going to the command prompt, and type: 'control userpasswords2' and make it have no passwords. finally i see some people who are having the same trouble i am.

G

alot people have your problem some say its a file called "cswGINA.dll" find out more in
http\\go.microsoft.com/fwlinks/events.asp ihave not tried this yet i was going to re-install now i dont know U say this does
not work when i get the answer i will e-mail it to U
outernet9

G

i had the same problem it seems the culpirt is Client Services for netware (CSNW) go to Control panel click on Network Connections, right click network type (LAN or High-Speed Internet) go into properties. Uninstall CSNW There is a CSN
icon in control panel you can try uninstalling this one but it might be the right one. There are more than one CSNW all of
the Network co nnection might have CSNW installed. If its to late for this to work e-mail me back aand i'll give you all the steps i had to go through its a lot more work but its worth to have your Administration rights back. i hope this work
good luck Outernet9

Ask a Question