Useless PC advice

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
We all know the one ... never drink at your PC, 'cos you is one day gonna spill it all over the keyboard.

Hands up all who done that ... :lol:

Well, I want to add another ... never eat at your PC

I'm having a lot of trouble getting a mince pie out of my mouse ... no, the mouse didn't try to eat it ... I grabbed the mouse with me sticky fingers & hand. :rolleyes:

Any more Useless PC advice, please post here ...

:wave:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
When your PC won't turn on, don't disassemble it all and replace the power supply. Check you've got the power switch on the back of your PSU turned on :lol:

That was a fun morning :blush:

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
After upgrading memory before you turn the power on..make sure the modules are fully inserted...correctly..

puff puff black smoke ..oh sh1t...:)

Reaction score
muckshifter said:
We all know the one ... never drink at your PC, 'cos you is one day gonna spill it all over the keyboard.

Hands up all who done that ... :lol:

Well here's the embarrasing thing...Went to bed the one night rather worse for wear.....Now understand this...We have a bathroom above our bedroom...Keep this in mind...I got up in the mornig and wnet toswitch thelaptop on...Que" Computer says No" and it said no...Laptop was covered in liquid..I proceeeded to round up kids of all ages and deal with them with the large belt...Not that i'd ever hit them..Fortunately you only have to show my kids the large belt...I asked who had left the bath running,...Kids been kids they denied it...Only for the other half to grab me by the shouder and say erm Mikey you were that p*ssed lst night erm you didn't make it to the bog..What a t*t I felt for p*ssing on me laptop...hehe

Reaction score
Madxgraphics said:
Well here's the embarrasing thing...Went to bed the one night rather worse for wear.....Now understand this...We have a bathroom above our bedroom...Keep this in mind...I got up in the mornig and wnet toswitch thelaptop on...Que" Computer says No" and it said no...Laptop was covered in liquid..I proceeeded to round up kids of all ages and deal with them with the large belt...Not that i'd ever hit them..Fortunately you only have to show my kids the large belt...I asked who had left the bath running,...Kids been kids they denied it...Only for the other half to grab me by the shouder and say erm Mikey you were that p*ssed lst night erm you didn't make it to the bog..What a t*t I felt for p*ssing on me laptop...hehe

EEuuwwwww. LOL

Kids and sticky fingers is a no no. Oh and pets especially birds ;)

Reaction score
Madxgraphics said:

Hope you used medicated wipes to clean it up,wearing rubber gloves of course.
historian

Last edited:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
When you have plugged-in at the mains, switched on, but your PC still refuses to come to life when you press it's buttons......... make sure you plugged-in the correct plug! Oops! :blush:
laughingsmiley.gif

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
If you use a power extension block that has a on/off switch do not leave it on the floor near your pc. An if you do , do not stand on it switching of the power , especially if you still have the pc turned on , and most certainly if you have the pc turned on and it is perfoming a backup.

laughingsmiley.gif

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Do not repeatedly strike your Personal Computer with a large sledge hammer :)

Good advice :thumb:

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Do not repeatedly strike your Personal Computer with a large sledge hammer :)

Good advice :thumb:
Great advice FBS.
happywave.gif

You will never need to upgrade your PC.
16MB of RAM is more than enough, Sir.
You will never need to go on another PC course!

Reaction score
Many, many years ago in the days of IBM cards (you youngsters go to a computer museum) I started my career as a programmer for a big insurance company. The first day, I walked into the bathroom and there was one of the operators with the card reader mechanism IN THE SINK washing it off. (in those days Computer boards had physical wires you "Programmed" so a little water never hurt). Seems he had broken the rules and taken a coke in the computer room and proceded to spill it in the card
feeder. The fix - a screwdriver and a trip to the bathroom and hope the boss didn't see him. Five minutes later, a tray of cards (again the old farts will know what I am talking about) was chunking its way into the reader (which by the way was 2 feet wide, 4 feet high and about 5 - 6 feet long...... (ah, the good old days)

Ask a Question