use of independant color profiles for dual displays.

G

Hi all at MS, (and others

Is there anyone who knows if MS has planned to support independant display calibration profiles in the upcoming WinXP SP2

I use a Matrox Parhelia with two Eizo TFT's in dual head setup for color critical work. The calibration will be done
with a professional entry colorimeter.
When I believe the supports desks at Matrox, GretagMacbeth, Monaco, ColorVision, 3dLabs and Eizo, it is a MS issu
not to support the dual( tripple, etc ..) ICM profiles within a single AGP slot.

Q'
1) Is this issue already adressed at MS ? ( It is at the support desks at Matrox and 3dLabs
2) Will there be solution within a forseeable time
3) Is there a workaround

I think I am not the only one working with color and using a dual display setup. Remind prepress, web, DCC
all large GIS systems, where multiple dislays setups become more and more in use..

Thanks in advance

Regards
Led

PS: Dual display color calibration is not an issue on the Mac

L

Larry(LJL269)

My nVidia card supports profiles & other independent
adjustments to the 2 monitors I have with desktop
extended. Also has amazing capabilities in 40 tabs of
driver. 64MB card now $65.

Dont know what MS supports but I wopuldnt hold my
breath. Most ppl dont know or care about
profiles/calibration- Graphics NGs know more.

HTH - Larry

On Thu, 25 Mar 2004 13:31:07 -0800, "Leda"

|Hi all at MS, (and others)
|
|Is there anyone who knows if MS has planned to support independant display calibration profiles in the upcoming WinXP SP2?
|
|I use a Matrox Parhelia with two Eizo TFT's in dual head setup for color critical work. The calibration will be done
|with a professional entry colorimeter.
|When I believe the supports desks at Matrox, GretagMacbeth, Monaco, ColorVision, 3dLabs and Eizo, it is a MS issue
|not to support the dual( tripple, etc ..) ICM profiles within a single AGP slot.
|
|Q's
|1) Is this issue already adressed at MS ? ( It is at the support desks at Matrox and 3dLabs)
|2) Will there be solution within a forseeable time?
|3) Is there a workaround ?
|
|I think I am not the only one working with color and using a dual display setup. Remind prepress, web, DCC.
|all large GIS systems, where multiple dislays setups become more and more in use..
|
|Thanks in advance.
|
|Regards
|Leda
|
|PS: Dual display color calibration is not an issue on the Mac.
|

Any advise is my attempt to contribute more than I have received but I can only assure you that it works on my PC. GOOD LUCK.

Ask a Question