usbstor.sys is missing or corrupt

Mr. not very good with computers

Our home computer stopped working yesterday and my wife has been trying to
repair it by using the Windows XP disk. The original error message upon
trying to start up referenced somthing about the drivers being missing or
corrupt. Now the erroe message says that the 'usbstor.sys is missing or
corrupt'. Does anybody have any ideas as to what is wrong or what we need to
do to fix it?

Mark L. Ferguson

Boot to the setup disk again, and press 'r' for the Recovery Console prompt,
and run the command:
CHKDSK /R

Then try setup/repair again
315341 - How to Perform an In-Place Upgrade (Reinstallation or Repair) of
Windows XP: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315341

--
Was this helpful? Then click the Ratings button. Voting helps the web
interface.

"Mr. not very good with computers" <Mr. not very good with
news:[email protected]...