Usb speed?


M

ManyBeers

My laptops cd burner recently stopped doing burns so i went and bought an
external
cd/dvd burner which uses USB interface.My laptops USB ports are 1.1.
Anyways, burning of Ubuntu 7.10 ISO file took 41 minutes at 48x to complete
and it is 700mbs. How much faster would it be if i was to use usb 2.0 PCMCIA
card. I know all anybody can do is a 'best guess' estimate , but i can live
with that.
 
Ad

Advertisements

H

HeyBub

ManyBeers said:
My laptops cd burner recently stopped doing burns so i went and
bought an external
cd/dvd burner which uses USB interface.My laptops USB ports are 1.1.
Anyways, burning of Ubuntu 7.10 ISO file took 41 minutes at 48x to
complete and it is 700mbs. How much faster would it be if i was to
use usb 2.0 PCMCIA card. I know all anybody can do is a 'best guess'
estimate , but i can live with that.

We try to stay away from Ubuntu on this group.
 
M

ManyBeers

HeyBub said:
We try to stay away from Ubuntu on this group.
Hey! My laptop runs XP pal. Soon it will be running both XP and Ubuntu... or
maybe OpenSuse. So there.
 
P

PD43

ManyBeers said:
Hey! My laptop runs XP pal. Soon it will be running both XP and Ubuntu... or
maybe OpenSuse. So there.

Try to cut back on the beer. You'll make more sense.
 
Ad

Advertisements

Ad

Advertisements

H

HeyBub

ManyBeers said:
Hey! My laptop runs XP pal. Soon it will be running both XP and
Ubuntu... or maybe OpenSuse. So there.

Okay. You know, of course, so doing will void your warranty, plus, the
female in your life WILL find out. They always do.
 

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question

Top