USB external HDD convert to SATA possible?

Squeeze

Rod Speed wrote in news:[email protected]
Whether that works or not depends on whether the existing external
USB HDDs have sata drives in them or not.
Nonsense.

It wont work if they have PATA drives in them and most of the older
ones will have PATA drives.

Clueless, as always.
Its just what external USB HDDs have in them,
without the box and with an extra passive USB hub.

No it wont, it only does the other way.
That will only work if the existing USB HDDs have SATA drives in them.

Clueless, as always: http://www.xpcgear.com/rocketmate1100.html

Squeeze

Arno Wagner wrote in news:[email protected]
True for IDE and SATA, and consequentially the corresponding
type of converter does not exist for the either.
Nonsense.
http://www.usb.brando.com.hk/prod_detail.php?prod_id=00265

SCSI happens to be a multi-master bus, where every device can be
master, if so inclined.

Right, such a converter is obviously *infinitively* more complex.
In modern words, SCSI is Peer-to-Peer,

So is USB.
while USB needs one fixed, dedicated master,
Nonsense.

has a hierachical structure

As does SCSI.
and nothing happens without the single, fixed master.

Neither with SCSI, your blathering about being peer-to-peer not withstanding.
Ahh, roddles the clueless. They are done in this way. But as SCSI
supports very slow signalling, usually a slow 8 bit SoC is enough.

Ohoho, that one is precious. You must be a hell of a poker player, babblebot.
SATA to IDE is simple,

Pity SCSI isn't.
Pity too that you just said above that they don't exist.
because of the same command-set, bust structure and bus arbitration.

Like it is any different with IDE to SATA.
Pity about that "needing a master" argument that you were blathering about.

Hey, it's your contention, moron.
As usual: No clue, no arguments that withstand even quick scrutiny
and a big mouth.

Talking to your mirror image again, babblebot?

Squeeze

Dave Seven wrote in news:rnfRj.227580$pM4.92094@pd7urf1no
That device goes SATA to USB and not USB to SATA, as I need.

What makes you think I even care for a gay troll like yourself.

My point was about the "difficult" , "don't exist" and
need "a full computer" rant from the clueless babblebot.

Btw, If you had looked around more at that site you would
have already found what you are looking for.
Obviously you are far more interested in trolling.

Arno Wagner

Previously Dave Seven said:
Arno Wagner wrote:
Are there external HDD cases that convert an IDE HDD to a SATA
connection on the external case? I could just buy one of those instead.
I'm trying to avoid having to buy a new external SATA HDD.

There are. Not that many though. Just look with any well
stocked computer parts supplier.

Arno

2

2345

Arno Wagner said:
What, you mean you are not the same person?

Never ever could bullshit its way out of a wet paper bag.

Look at the headers, stupid.
Maybe stopping to lie about your identity would then be a good idea ...

Dont have any option when fools like you play stupid childish games with killfiles, ****wit.

Squeeze

Arno Wagner wrote in news:[email protected]
There are. Not that many though.

He only needs one, babblebot.
I think, somehow the industrie can manage that.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...en&q=esata+external+IDE+drive+kit&btnG=Search
Just look with any well stocked computer parts supplier.

Yeah, why bother with the internet and search engines.

Btw, nice to know that you still read my posts, babblebot.
Too bad you can't steal from them without anyone immediately able to tell.

Squeeze

Eric Gisin wrote in news:eNadna0LfK75Z4jVnZ2dnUVZ_vmlnZ2d@uniservecommunications
Bullshit, FolkNutz. It's master host to slave devices.

Pity about those OTG dual role devices, Gisin newbie.
http://www.maxim-ic.com/appnotes.cfm/appnote_number/1822/

Abstract: USB On-The-Go (OTG) allows two USB devices to talk to
each other without requiring the services of a personal computer.
Although OTG appears to add "peer to peer" connections to USB, it
does not. Instead, USB OTG retains the standard USB host/peripheral
model, where a single host talks to USB peripherals.
OTG introduces the dual-role device (DRD), capable of functioning as
either host or peripheral. Part of the magic of OTG is that a host and
peripheral can exchange roles if necessary.

Not exactly peer-to-peer, but close enough.

No computer host needed. Just a chippie the size of a postage stamp.
But thank you for giving me the opportunity to show that babblebot
off as a clueless idiot, once again.
Bullshit again, FolkNutz.

Yeah sure. Pity about that "fixed" and "dedicated", Gisin newbie.

Pity about USB OTG.

Odie

You might want to reconsider the clueless wording. The device you
showed, is only for SATA hard drives, not PATA. PATA drives would
require a SATA converter.

ROTFLOL. A+ for effort to get the comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
*"KOOK of the Year"* award.

John Turco

Arno said:
This device is SATA to USB, not the other way round. Read
the discussion.

You are clueless as allways, rod.

Arno

Hello, Arno:

Please, don't allow "Squeeze" <[email protected]> to con you, into
thinking he's Rod Speed, just because of the "au" in his fake e-mail
address.

In reality, "Squeeze" is your old Dutch "friend" (Folkert Rienstra),
doing his best, to penetrate your filters.

Cordially,
John Turco <[email protected]>