USB Advice

Reaction score
Hi All,

I need some advice on USB cables, ok I need a 10m USB printer cable. First I brought a 10m printer usb cable off eBay and found that it would not work because the supported length of USB is only 5m.

I have since been looking at this below, would I be able to connect a 5m printer cable too that device? Or would I have the same problems as before with the device not recognized?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/printer-Act...2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1242473171&sr=8-2

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
http://www.usbnow.co.uk/p1601/5M_Active_USB_Extension_Cables/product_info.html

See the above link. Looks as though the one you found will do the job.

happywave.gif

Last edited:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Manufacturers drive me nuts ... they know dam well the restrictions they impose. [/mini rant] :rolleyes:

Use Ethernet, USB was not designed for what you want it to do ... but you will need a repeater, once you reach the end of the football pitch. ;)

:user:

Reaction score
captain zed said:
Hi Wiz,
You will have to explain that part for el dopo please. Does it mean that the current wont run to 6m ??
Zzzzz

Hi,

This might help you, basecally if you use a standrad usb cable and it is over 5m then the signal cuts off and wont work. You would then need to buy one of these. This resends the signal as I understand it and then allows you to run a usb cable longer than 5m.

Ask a Question