URGENT Trouble with “… attempting to change the same data ...â€


R

Roberto

This is the third time I try ti post this question. I hope finally can be
readed for somebody.



I have an Access 2007 Front End linked with a ODBC driver to a MySQL
database in a multiuser environment. I have a problem with a form that shows
me the values of a particular table.

Until a couple of days ago, when any users deleted a record, it works
perfectly. But since yesterday, when anyone tries to delete any record,
Access shows a dialog box with the following message:

“The Microsoft Office Access database engine stopped the process because you
and another user are attempting to change the same data at the same time.â€

It happens no matter if the record that I was trying to delete is a new
record that I am sure that is not been edited by any other person.

¿Can you help me?
 
Ad

Advertisements

G

golfinray

I can just tell you from my experience anytime I have problems with ODBC it
has been ODBC. Now if I have a problem I just delete and re-create the ODBC
driver. If that doesn't do it I delete and reload the ODBC driver in the
server. Then, when you go into Admin and check your ODBC, it has a test
function. Test it first, but don't completely trust the test. Also look for
the path. Sometimes the path to the server gets out of whack.
 
R

Roberto

Thanks again golfinray,


I have just read the last replay that you wrote to my original question. I
post 3 times the same question because I couldn´t found them published in the
groups, until now.


Anyway, I want to tell you that I don´t have any ODBC installed in the
server. I installed the "mysql-connector-odbc-5.1.6-win32.msi" on every
PC/Laptop that runs the Access front end and i create a dsn file that is
installed in the "C:\Program Files\Common Files\ODBC\Data Sources" on each of
them.

These dsn file have the next statements:

[ODBC]
DRIVER=MySQL ODBC 5.1 Driver
SERVER=172.26.0.23
PORT=3306
USER=xxxxxxx
PASSWORD=yyyyyy
DATABASE=iris

and when I link the tables, all of them uses this information, becuase I use
this file accordind to the process to link them.

I don´t think that the dsn is corrupt because the trouble of deleting
records, happens on any pc, not only in mine.
 
R

Roberto

Although I am not sure about the ODBC, I have just desinstalled the ODBC
connector y deleted the dsn file. Then I reinstalled the ODBC conector and
made a new dsn file in my laptop.

After that, I delete all the linked tables in my Access FE, and linked again
every table with the new dsn file, but the trouble still persist.



Roberto said:
Thanks again golfinray,


I have just read the last replay that you wrote to my original question. I
post 3 times the same question because I couldn´t found them published in the
groups, until now.


Anyway, I want to tell you that I don´t have any ODBC installed in the
server. I installed the "mysql-connector-odbc-5.1.6-win32.msi" on every
PC/Laptop that runs the Access front end and i create a dsn file that is
installed in the "C:\Program Files\Common Files\ODBC\Data Sources" on each of
them.

These dsn file have the next statements:

[ODBC]
DRIVER=MySQL ODBC 5.1 Driver
SERVER=172.26.0.23
PORT=3306
USER=xxxxxxx
PASSWORD=yyyyyy
DATABASE=iris

and when I link the tables, all of them uses this information, becuase I use
this file accordind to the process to link them.

I don´t think that the dsn is corrupt because the trouble of deleting
records, happens on any pc, not only in mine.









golfinray said:
I can just tell you from my experience anytime I have problems with ODBC it
has been ODBC. Now if I have a problem I just delete and re-create the ODBC
driver. If that doesn't do it I delete and reload the ODBC driver in the
server. Then, when you go into Admin and check your ODBC, it has a test
function. Test it first, but don't completely trust the test. Also look for
the path. Sometimes the path to the server gets out of whack.
 
A

a a r o n . k e m p f

wow.. welcome to the world of database locking

Access (Jet) doesn't give you the tools you need to fix a problem like
this

moving to SQL Server / Access Data Projects allows you to use
QueryHints

THIS CAN RUN EVEN WHEN ANOTHER USER HAS A TABLE LOCK
Select *
From employees WITH (NOLOCK)
Where firstname = 'Aaron'
 
R

Roberto

Thanks for your suggestion!

a a r o n . k e m p f @ g m a i l . c o said:
wow.. welcome to the world of database locking

Access (Jet) doesn't give you the tools you need to fix a problem like
this

moving to SQL Server / Access Data Projects allows you to use
QueryHints

THIS CAN RUN EVEN WHEN ANOTHER USER HAS A TABLE LOCK
Select *
From employees WITH (NOLOCK)
Where firstname = 'Aaron'





.
 
Ad

Advertisements

T

Tony Toews [MVP]

Roberto said:
Thanks for your suggestion!

Please be advised that Aaron Kempf is monomaniacal on the subject of SQL Server and
ADPs. That is to say every answer he posts suggests those two products no matter how
relevant.

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
Tony's Main MS Access pages - http://www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr.htm
Tony's Microsoft Access Blog - http://msmvps.com/blogs/access/
For a convenient utility to keep your users FEs and other files
updated see http://www.autofeupdater.com/
Granite Fleet Manager http://www.granitefleet.com/
 

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question

Top