Outlook Urgent Outlook 2007 Problem

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have a problem with Outlook 2007 in that it will not start at all.
All I get when I click on it is a box which says "Cannot start Microsoft Outlook 2007,cannot open the Outlook window"
I have tried going to control panel and used the repair option without success.
Any help/advice gratefully received as I cannot access my e-mails, personal or more importantly business e-mails.
Thanks in advance.

Andy.

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
If you run "Outlook.exe /resetnavpane" does that solve the issue for you?

Reaction score
Hi Ian,
Thanks for reply.
I just tried that and outlook has started but....I seem to have lost everything in it,no e-mail accounts ,calendar details etc,it's just like a new installation.
I guess I will have to reset everything up again ,problem is I didnt have any copy of the e-mails.
Once I have reset everything ,how do i backup e-mails?
Andy

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'd be surprised if you've lost the data - can you run a search on your hard drive for any .pst files?

Can you double check the navigation pane to see if your accounts are still there, just hidden away or not selected? :)

Reaction score
Hi,

Just got in from work and searched for .pst files , tried every option in outlook but can't find any of the previous e-mails or my whole calendar appointments,thankfully I have my appointments on my IPaq, just amazed I've lost everything .

Andy.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Running the "Outlook.exe /resetnavpane" won't remove any e-mail information, so I'm sure that with a little work you can get it back.

Can you open up Windows Explorer and browse to the following directory and see if there are any files there:

C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook

Reaction score
Hi Ian,

Thanks for taking time on this issue.
When I browse explorer I get as far as the Local bit and then that says "this folder is empty"
I used to use Incredimail for my e-mail before I purchased Outlook in Jan this year so I have set that up again so I can receive my e-mails.I may end up sticking with Incredimail, I've used it for years and no probs.
I plugged my Ipaq in and the calender details synched with outlook so I,ve got my appointment details back but under e-mail it just says "you have not set up any e-mail accounts"
Thanks again
Andy.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
That is very strange that there isn't a Microsoft/Outlook folder - it could be this that caused the problem in the first place, as resetting the navigation panel wouldn't cause any dataloss.

I'm glad you've got your appointments back :)

Ask a Question