Upgrading Soon

Reaction score
Hiya guys,

I am 18 in a few weeks so i want to use the money i will be getting to upgrade my PC. It needs it as well, haven't upgraded anything on it for bot 4 years now so its going to be a big change. Budget is about £300, it is mostly used for gaming but i dont want it to be to advanced as i am off to uni next year.

This is what i have found for the main components;

http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/specpage.html?mbb-m38a41&P=1

.... and for the graphics card....

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-124-SP

Any ideas welcome.

Also my hardrives are still on IDE connections, can they still work on this setup?

Thanks
Dark

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Could you list the PC you have at the moment, as that way we'll be able to pick things that are going to work with your current setup :)

Or did you just want to replace the mobo, cpu, ram and graphics card for a complete new innards? You'll be able to keep the hard drives, cd/dvd drives and monitor etc... but you may need a new power supply depending on what you have at the moment.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Good choices, a fine system for around £345.00 inc postage.

The motherboard has two IDE connections so yes, you'll be able to connect two optical drives to one and two PATA drives to the other.

Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply, yes i just want to replace the CPU, Motherboard, Memory & graphics. Im sure i dont need a new power supply, i got a very loud 500W power unit.

Thanks for the information as long as i dont have to buy anything else, because as my system is quite old if i replace one thing i have to replace something else.

My system as the moment is:

AMA Athlon XP 2000+
512 MB of SDRAM
1x 40GB hardrive, 1x 160GB hardrive
1x DVD/CD drive, 1 x CD-RW drive

Thanks
Dark

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I might be interested in the SDRAM if its cheap enough and your thinking of selling it .
happywave.gif

Oh . Looks like a nice set up :D

Ask a Question