Upgrade to Window 7

denmarfl

I just read that BestBuy was going to offter at its Website a $49.00 Window 7
Upgrade for Vista Home Prem users. This offer would only be available from
6/26 for 16 days.....

Over the past 6 months I have read several articles about Microsoft offering
exisitng Vista Users an upgrade to Windows 7 for a discounted price, and even
maybe...for free.

I am posting this to see what others perhaps know about the
Upgrade....whether this would be the right time to take advantage of the
Upgrade because it may not be offered again. I would hate not to take
advantage of the $49.00 Upgrade and find its not offered again, or, take
advantage of it now to find its offered later at a cheaper price.

Any one have feedback based on good sources? Suggestions?

denmarfl

To amend my posting......This is a Pre-Sales offer....as Windows 7 has of
course not been released as yet

Rich

I would think this is contingent on you buying a computer from BB and then
when 7 comes out for a mere $49 you can upgrade to 7. Good luck doing this
on top of Vista as I did it and I ended up going back to Vista. The upgrade
took 3.5 hours and the all programs was blank when I first started 7. I
found out later this was a bug that could have been over come but I was
seeing all kinds of things wrong that needed work and just chose that it
would be better for me to go back to Vista as SP 2 had just come out.

Just my $.02. Rich

denmarfl

Thanks... The article actually addresses this offer as Pre-Sales for
customers currently running Vista Home Prem. For those who purchase a PC from
BestBuy on or after 6/26....with the Vista OS, those customers will get a
FREE Upgrade to Windows 7 on its release.

Memnoch

I would think this is contingent on you buying a computer from BB and then
when 7 comes out for a mere $49 you can upgrade to 7. Good luck doing this
on top of Vista as I did it and I ended up going back to Vista. The upgrade
took 3.5 hours and the all programs was blank when I first started 7.

Of course there are two upgrade methods. The in-place method which you
describe or you can do a clean install.

denmarfl

Nope; the article outlines.....the offer beginning 6/26 /09 is Pre-sales for
users currently using Vista Home Prem....Upgrade $49.00. For those
purchasing a PC from BestBuy on or after 6/26...the Upgrade is FREE.

Rich

Can someone post a link to the article?

TIA

denmarfl said:
Nope; the article outlines.....the offer beginning 6/26 /09 is Pre-sales
for
users currently using Vista Home Prem....Upgrade $49.00. For those
purchasing a PC from BestBuy on or after 6/26...the Upgrade is FREE.

denmarfl

Now that you have seen the info at the Link, are your feelings any different
about purchasing this Upgrade? I do wonder if this Final copy will install
more quickly and not encounter the same issues you experienced when you
installed the Beta Copy.

rote:

Rich

I would think my experience and those of other would fix this bug and the
others. But I had the RC1 so it was post beta. but still not gold. SO
hopefully they will have it all working but 3.5 hours to upgrade is a little
long. But clean install is bettter! Yes it clearly states $49.99 for an
upgrade count me in on this deal if it comes true!

Rich

kevpan815

Rich wrote: > I would think this is contingent on you buying a
computer from BB and then > when 7 comes out for a mere $49 you can
upgrade to 7. Good luck doing this > on top of Vista as I did it and I
ended up going back to Vista. The upgrade > took 3.5 hours and the all
programs was blank when I first started 7. I > found out later this
was a bug that could have been over come but I was > seeing all kinds
of things wrong that needed work and just chose that it > would be
better for me to go back to Vista as SP 2 had just come out. > > Just
my $.02. Rich > > > "denmarfl" <[email protected]>
wrote in message > (e-mail address removed)... > >I just read that BestBuy was going to
offter at its Website a $49.00 Window > >7 > > Upgrade for Vista Home
Prem users. This offer would only be available > > from > > 6/26 for
16 days..... > > > > Over the past 6 months I have read several
articles about Microsoft > > offering > > exisitng Vista Users an upg

peter

The question then would be is W7 upgrade capable of being installed without
having Vista installed
and using the Vista DVD as verifying media . In this way a CLEAN install is
possible.
peter

+Bob+

[...]

You have a serious problem formatting your posts.

Muad'Dib

+Bob+ said:
You have a serious problem formatting your posts.

LOL He has a serious problem period. But the latest annoying thing is
using the subject line for replying. And he is still pushing Win7
installation (Was saying Win7RC as it correctly is right now), before
it's final release, ignoring the fact that the RC is to EXPIRE June 1
2010. ...And yes, what he DOES quote in the body is seriously screwed up
in formatting!

G'day

Canuck57

I just read that BestBuy was going to offter at its Website a $49.00 Window
7
Upgrade for Vista Home Prem users. This offer would only be available
from
6/26 for 16 days.....

Wait, in time it will be a free upgrade. Or wait 3-4 months after Win 7
when the hoopla dies down. Save your money.
Over the past 6 months I have read several articles about Microsoft
offering
exisitng Vista Users an upgrade to Windows 7 for a discounted price, and
even
maybe...for free.

Again, people with patience will be rewarded.
I am posting this to see what others perhaps know about the
Upgrade....whether this would be the right time to take advantage of the
Upgrade because it may not be offered again. I would hate not to take
advantage of the $49.00 Upgrade and find its not offered again, or, take
advantage of it now to find its offered later at a cheaper price.

Any one have feedback based on good sources? Suggestions?

It is Vista regurgitated with SPs applied. Wipe Vista's butt and you have
Win 7.

One huge advantage of waiting is to let others iron out the kinks.