upgrade offer OT perhaps

Z

Zareba

Microsoft in their infinite wisdom has decreed that only Visa or MasterCard can be used to pay for the free upgrade CD that manufacturers are offering with purchase of a new computer between October and now.

I purchased a new note book from MDG in Canada in November and after a couple of months trying to get the upgrade, for which they had given me a voucher, I learned that I can not have the upgrade unless I have a valid Visa or MasterCard. No other forms of money will be accepted, including debit cards, cash, cheques, pay pal, money orders! Since the voucher is non-transferable I can not even ask someone else with a credit card to get it for me.

Has anyone else run into this, and if so, did you find a work around?

....Z

Z

Zareba

Great idea but it is American and in order to get a $25. card, it would cost an additional $24.95 plus exchange rate, if they would even accept an order from out of the country.

Good idea though, and I will check to see if it Visa debit cards are available here.

Thanks

....Z

Ask a Question