Upgrade help plz!!!

Reaction score
hey peeps! my computer is very dated and needs an upgrade, but its all very confusing!
my pc has intel pentium 2, 350mhz and 96mb ram! Defo need more ram but do i upgrade processor? Want new graphics card aswell. Any help u guys can give will be much appreciated! oh, cheapest options possible too, cause i have just splashed out on dvd writer! x

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I'm afraid you're not going to able to very much with a system that old. :(

I would sugest looking for a complete replacment PC.

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Mucks is right there Big Jonson, theres only so much an old computer can be upgraded too.

I'll be very suprised if you could get a 500Mhz processor to go in (even that woudl be slow).

I reckon you should just browse around and look for a nice cheap system.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Mucks is right.

In my opinion any computer which is over three years old is not only difficult to upgrade but it almost turns out you need to upgrade every component in there. That basically means you are buying the whole machine not built-up but in pieces. A complete new system is the most sensible thing to do.

Sorry if this comes to you as a dissapointment, but , you must understand that is what we would do if it was out own computer which needed and upgrade.

Reaction score
theese guys are right mate, just lately i upgraded my 4 your old machine, it was high spec then, and now it cant handle a 2.2ghz CPU, if your board supports a CPU under 400mhz, then your board is not likely to be able to take the tole of a good processor from theese days, and same with your graphincs card.

when i installed all my new things, it was too much for my old board, so i bought a new one, the computer i have upgraded to now is perfectly fine for way under 500 quid, and my dvd writer in that was about 50.

Ask a Question