UPF ... huh!

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I'm a hat wearer, always on the lookout for a good hat, and today I treated myself to a Newbury from M&S.

I was intrigued with one of the labels that pronounced it was made with a UPF 50+ sun protected material. I didn't have a clue what that was, so I went and had a looksee. Hey! you learn something new every day. :thumb:

You can rely on M&S for things like hats. :)

My fav' hat is my genuine Aussie Bush hat, bought at Southport Flower show for a bargain tenner. :cool:

Attachments

• bushhat.jpg
    bushhat.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 635

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Looks a smart hat Mucks and particularly interesting about the UPF. Mr. T wears hats too (particularly in sunshine, due to his meds causing sun-sensitivity.) Have to say, I've not heard about UPF fabrics before. A really good idea though.

Wow! Your Bush had was a real bargain, they can be pretty expensive. Good find. :thumb:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Hats are cool. I use a straw hat in summer and a fleece hat called "Baggins" in winter.
That Aussie hat was a real steal mucks. :D

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
hmmm, I have my old RAF Beret, a Panama, a wide brim Trilby, the Aussie Bush hat, a Fedora (Indiana Jones' hat), the Newbury, a Trapper and a Beanie. :blush:

Hope me sister, who lives in Canada and coming over this Tuesday for a family wedding, remembers the Tilley hat she promised. :)

I think that's all. :D

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
hmmm, I have my old RAF Beret, a Panama, a wide brim Trilby, the Aussie Bush hat, a Fedora (Indiana Jones' hat), the Newbury, a Trapper and a Beanie. :blush:

Hope me sister, who lives in Canada and coming over this Tuesday for a family wedding, remembers the Tilley hat she promised. :)

I think that's all. :D

If that is a "real" Panama I'm dead jealous :D

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Well, once again it was from M&S, I don't doubt their word, 100% toquilla palm although it don't say Made in Ecuador. :)

Nopt so jealous now. I always wanred the type you could roll up and stuff in your pocket. Need a lottery win to own one though :lol:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
I have my old RAF Beret, a Panama, a wide brim Trilby, the Aussie Bush hat, a Fedora (Indiana Jones' hat), the Newbury, a Trapper and a Beanie. :blush:

You mean to say that you don't have one of these -

attachment.php

:D

Attachments

• Hat.JPG
    Hat.JPG
    7 KB · Views: 188
Reaction score
Used to use an outdoor shop in Taunton that was very good for hats.
Old style and would make sure you had it fitted properly before buying it.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I have a M & S Panama hat, bought it to keep the sun off me Barnet so it's rarely worn. An I gotta leather flying helmet, anna St Patricks Day baseball cap, an a SouWester and a black woolly hat I bought from Camden Market emblazoned on the front with the logo **** Off.

I kid you not :)