updspapi.dll -> can't copy file during setup

I integrated most of the available WXPSP2 Updates in my WXPSP2 installation
files. When installing this slipstreamed WXP setup over the network I get the
following error:

Setup couldn't copy the following file: (translated from German, so might be
different in the english version)

updspapi.dll

(same with update.exe and spcustom.dll)

The files however are present in the i386\update folder and I also checked
the rights which are ok.

I can manually cancel the copy of these files and the setup will proceed and
install
Windows XP SP2 with all the patches without any further problems. But as the
installation is supposed to be fully automated a manual cancelling is not
applicable.

Any ideas how that problem can be solved?

Thanks in advance
BR Marcus

Ken Zhao [MSFT]

Hello Marcus,

Thank you for using newsgroup!

From your reply, I notice the issue is occurring on a German version
Windows XP Pro machine. To provide further effective assistance, we might
need to collect some system information to perform troubleshooting steps.
If we get the non-English information from our customers, it is always hard
for us to troubleshoot such kind of problems as we cannot understand any
non-English information or error messages correctly. Therefore, I still
recommend you contact the local CSS to troubleshoot the problem effectively.

I suggest you contact the local PSS or newsgroup. Currently we offer
Partner newsgroups in the following languages:

International Support (non-US/Canada):
<http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx>

Currently we offer Partner newsgroups in the following languages:

English - <http://members.microsoft.com/partner/newsgroups/default.aspx>

Simplified Chinese - <http://www.mspartnersupport.com> Traditional Chinese
- <http://www.microsoft.com/taiwan/community>

Japanese
-http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?ICP=JPN_DA&sLCID=jp

German
-http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=Germany_PSS_VAP
&slcid=de

Spanish -
<http://www.microsoft.com/spain/partner/soporte/gruposnoticias/default.asp>
for instructions to accessSpanish partner newsgroups

Portuguese -
<http://www.microsoft.com/brasil/parceiros/sup/for/default.aspx> for
instructions to access Portuguese partner newsgroups

Greek - <http://www.microsoft.com/hellas/partner/default.asp> for
instructions to accessGreek partner newsgroups.

Spanish - visit
<http://www.microsoft.com/spain/partner/soporte/gruposnoticias/default.asp>
for instructions to access Spanish partner newsgroups Portuguese -
<http://www.microsoft.com/brasil/parceiros/sup/for/default.aspx> for
instructions to access Portuguese partner newsgroups Greek -
<http://www.microsoft.com/hellas/partner/default.asp> for instructions to
access Greek partner newsgroups.

If you are posting in a language that is not listed here, please visit
www.microsoft.com/partner <http://www.microsoft.com/partner> and click on
the Worldwide Sites link to find the appropriate resources for your
language.

Thanks & Regards,

Ken Zhao

Microsoft Online Support