Update Problem - Critical Update - KB832483

G

For the past three days, I've been notified of this update. When I try to install it... it's giving me an error. It says...

The software you are installing hs not passed Windows Logo
testing to verify it's compatibility with Windows XP. (Tell me why
this testing is important.)

This software will not be installed. Contact your system
administrator.

------------------------------------- Top Update Contents ------------------------------------
Security Update for Microsoft Data Access Components (KB832483)
Download size: 2.0 MB, < 1 minute
An identified security issue in Microsoft Data Access Components could allow an attacker to compromise a Windows-based system and take a variety of actions. For example, an attacker could execute code on the system. By installing this update, you help protect your computer. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer. Once you have installed this item, it cannot be removed.
------------------------------------- End Update Contents -------------------------------------

Does anyone have an idea how to overcome this issue?

W

Will Denny

Hi

Try the following link - near the bottom of the page:

http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/troubleshoot/

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

| For the past three days, I've been notified of this update. When I try to install it... it's giving me an error. It says...
|
| The software you are installing hs not passed Windows Logo
| testing to verify it's compatibility with Windows XP. (Tell me why
| this testing is important.)
|
| This software will not be installed. Contact your system
| administrator.
|
| ------------------------------------- Top Update Contents ------------------------------------
| Security Update for Microsoft Data Access Components (KB832483)
| Download size: 2.0 MB, < 1 minute
| An identified security issue in Microsoft Data Access Components could allow an attacker to compromise a Windows-based system and take a variety of actions. For example, an attacker could execute code on the system. By installing this update, you help protect your computer. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer. Once you have installed this item, it cannot be removed.
| ------------------------------------- End Update Contents -------------------------------------
|
| Does anyone have an idea how to overcome this issue?
|

S

Steve

Bill,

I am getting the same message when updates arrive. Have
tried some of the same "fixes" without any luck. Have you
found a solutionfor this?

Thanks,
Steve

Ask a Question