update framework on pocket pc

GotDotNet?

Is there a way to automatically update the compact framework on the pocket
pc? Something like autoupdate on windows xp.

Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]

There's no Windows Update for Pocket PCs of any currently-existing version.
WM6 has bits in it to allow that sort of thing, but nothing earlier does.

Paul T.

GotDotNet?

Does the handheld have to be in the cradle for this to work?
I'm new to this handheld devlopement thing, so I'm not sure what can and
can't be done. I just got the application given to me 2 hours ago with a
list of specs.

So I'm googling and askng alot of questions on this.

thanks

"Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]" <p space tobey no spam AT no instrument no spam DOT
com> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]

I don't have a WM6 device, nor do I know whether there is anything against
which the feature will run right now. That is, it might easily not connect
to www.windowsupdate.com or whatever the desktop uses and, since WM6 devices
don't exist right now, what's to update? I would guess that a network
connection is required, but I don't know.

This doesn't seem like a reasonable question to ask if you're an application
developer. If what you want is to update a specific set of devices for a
given organization, you want to do that yourself. WM6 devices will have
..NET CF 2.0 in ROM anyway...

Paul T.