Unresolved Read Receipt Problems

SuperDave

I am reposting my problem along with some of the history
so as to not re-invent the wheel. Any insight on this
issue would be greatly appreciated.

Please start reading the history of this problem from the
bottom, working your way up to the most recent post at the
top.

THANKS.

----------------------Answer #2----------------------------
Jeff, yes, I see where it says, Return Receipt to...

by mta001.*******.net

InterMail vM.5.01.06.06 201-253-122-130-106-20030910) with
ESMTP id 40311163833.QSEU1449.mta001.*********.net@mail29-
res-
R.bigfish.com> for <***********@*******.net>; Thu, 11 Mar
2004 10:38:33 -0600

sc006pub.*********.net (MailPass SMTP server v1.1.1 -
121803235448JY) with ESMTP id <2-10876-108-10876-183317-1-
1079023112> for mta001.********.net; Thu, 11 Mar 2004
10:38:33 -0600

(localhost.localdomain [***.0.0.1])by mail29-res-
R.bigfish.com (Postfix) with ESMTP
id D48552AE609
for <**************&@*******.net>; Thu, 11 Mar 2004
6:38:32 +0000 (UCT)

1079023112734735_32206; Thu, 11 Mar 2004 16:38:32 +0000
(UCT)

(smtpgw5.*********.com [***.40.***.13])by mail29-
res.bigfish.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id 8B6ED2AE56D
for <*********@*******.net>; Thu, 11 Mar 2004 16:38:32
+0000 (UCT)

(smtpgw8.it.*********.com [***.40.***.56])
by smtpgw5.**********.com (8.12.10/8.12.8) with
ESMTP id i2BGcVaY012896
for <*******@*******.net>; Thu, 11 Mar 2004 10:38:32 -0600
(CST)

(PDAWG02A.corp.*******.com [10.***.***.80])
by mailhost.**********.com (Switch-2.2.8/Switch-
2.2.8) with ESMTP id i2BGcVl01540
for <********@*******.net>; Thu, 11 Mar 2004
10:38:31 -0600 (CST)

Disposition-Notification-To: "*********, Dave * [NTK]"
<david.********@mail.******.com>

Subject: Check to see if Desktop sends out a Read Receipt
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 10:38:30 -0600
From: "***********, Dave * [NTK]"
<david.***********@mail.******.com>
To: "David * *******" <*********@*******.net>

------------------------Response #2------------------------
Could you go to one of those messages on your desktop for
which you didn't get a read receipt on your laptop,
Select View -> Options for it, and post the headers (in
the box at the bottom of the dialog)?
We'll start by seeing if you actually got a request for a
read-receipt, which should show in the headers.
confers no rights

-------------------------Answer #1-------------------------
Thanks for responding Jeff. I have a POP3 account. When I
send a message from my desktop to my laptop, I get a Read
Receipt sent to my Desktop, as I should. But whenever I
send a message from my laptop to my desktop, I donot get a
Read Receipt from my Desktop.
Tracking Options are set identically and both are using
POP3 accounts. Also, friends are complaining that they
do not know whether I have received their emails because
my desktop never sends a Read Receipt confirmation back to
them.

What sort of mail account do you have? Also, is the
symptom that Outlook is not *sending* the receipt (if so,
how do you know that?), or that the reciept is not being
received? Some mail servers can be configured in ways
that prevent receipts from being sent through them.

Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 10:38:30 -0600