unregmp2.exe error during install/repair

I get the following error with unregmp2.exe during compnent registration "The procedure entry point GetIUMS could not be located in the dynamic link library msdart.dll" and my only option is OK, error window immediately reappears, same problem. Is there any way to avoid this problem or get install to continue around it?

Cerridwen

David said:
I get the following error with unregmp2.exe during compnent
registration "The procedure entry point GetIUMS could not be located
in the dynamic link library msdart.dll" and my only option is OK,
error window immediately reappears, same problem. Is there any way
to avoid this problem or get install to continue around it?

What is it you're trying to install, exactly? I don't recognise the
executable.

Hi Cerridwen
Both David A and I are trying to reinstall Windows XP. This unregmp2.exe file is something to do with music/entertainment, I think....Any suggestions
Thanks
Nige

----- Cerridwen wrote: ----

David A wrote
I get the following error with unregmp2.exe during compnen
registration "The procedure entry point GetIUMS could not be locate
in the dynamic link library msdart.dll" and my only option is OK
error window immediately reappears, same problem. Is there any wa
to avoid this problem or get install to continue around it

What is it you're trying to install, exactly? I don't recognise th
executable

angelmist

My son is having this same problem....trying to reinstall Windows XP,
lookin' good until it gets to the Insalling registrations part and this
box appears, and everything comes to a screaching halt. A boot disk
does not work, the machine is essentially useless. All info is
appreciated.

=?Utf-8?B?TmlnZWw=?= said:
*Hi Cerridwen,
Both David A and I are trying to reinstall Windows XP. This
unregmp2.exe file is something to do with music/entertainment, I
think....Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Nigel

----- Cerridwen wrote: -----

What is it you're trying to install, exactly? I don't recognise the
executable. *

angelmist

tarasan

I know this isn't very technical, but I received the same message when
doing a repair to Windows XP Home and I kept clicking on OK for about 3
or 4 minutes. It got past the unregmp2.exe error and back into Windows.
Now I am running all the critical updates that would have been wiped
out from doing the repair. I also received a rundll32.exe error
(winsta.dll) when right clicking My Computer after doing the repair,
but hopefully all will go away with the updates.

tarasan

jrinohio

Still working on uncovering the root cause however if you click throug
the OK Banner (this could be from 20-70) times the procedure wil
continue as if nothing happened.

=?Utf-8?B?RGF2aWQgQQ==?= said:
*I get the following error with unregmp2.exe during compnen
registration "The procedure entry point GetIUMS could not be locate
in the dynamic link library msdart.dll" and my only option is OK
error window immediately reappears, same problem. Is there
any way to avoid this problem or get install to continue around it?

jrinohi

Jaster

I recieved that same message (unregmp2.exe) and clicked the OK butto
forever, realistically about 80 times before it went away. I was the
greeted with another error window like the first. This time the erro
was "importdl.exe". I clicked OK and continued on. The repair will tak
another 20 min. or so. I'll report if there is any more errors

Jaste

Stuart Baker

I had the same message. It never occurred to me to keep clicking OK
(isn't one of the definitions of insanity that you do the same thing
and expect a different result).

Anyway, in my case, holding down the PC power switch until it shut down
and then switching back on and allowing the install disk to auto
restart and do it's own thing cured the problem - although it insisted
on repeating the last 15 minutes of intallation activity.

Hope this helps - if it doesn't don't ask me to try it again!!

Stuart Baker

Tom2847

I had the same problem when reinstalling XP SR1 and had hit the butto
about 5 times before taking the break to check out this site. I ran t
another machine to get on the Internet and see what the deal was.
read the earlier posts about clicking the "OK" 70 or 80 times and wen
back to do that and found my install had finished. It seems after th
"OK" is hit it takes a while for the response so you may not have t
hit it 70-80 times but just the once and then go get a drink ( stif
one if your legal).
Good luck to all. Hope it turns out as well for you as it did for me
:>

Tom284

kavol

I was upgrading to xp pro from xp home on a dell laptop when I had the
same thing happen. I took the above advice and it worked, however
between many clicks(nearly 200)and waiting, I was starting to think
that it wasn't going to work for me. For whatever reason, this method
works, just be very patient.

kavol

tycen

Thanks to all!!! I had the same problem while doing a XP repair and the
same thing worked...just keep clicking (or waiting). Now I just hope
all of the data's there!

tycen

radkow

Just figured I'd report what I found as well. Needed to reinstall XP
Home since none of my system tools would launch including Device
Manager and Performance monitor - something about the .msc file
becoming corrupted or missing. Since XP Home doesn't have a
"reinstall" option per se, I boot from the CD and choose "upgrade".
With 13 minutes left, while "registering components", I get the noted
UNREGMP2.EXE/MSDART.DLL. I click OK and wait. 20 minutes later
nothing. I click about 300 f&$*#& times quickly. After another 2
minutes the alert box title changes to "DLIMPORT.EXE". I clicked OK on
that box 3 times and installation continued as normal.

One thing I should note is that I had PCAnywhere 10.5 installed. PCA
has this AWGINA.DLL file that sets itself up before the XP login, so
that you can reboot the machine remotely. XP Home reinstall did throw
a warning at the beginning saying this may become corrupt or
non-functioning if I continue with the "upgrade". I chose to continue.
Not sure if its related at all but just throwing it out there.

The systems tools/.msc errors I was getting seem to be related to a
change or uninstall of the Avermedia software I have for my TV Tuner.
Perhaps the WDM driver is tied in somehow? I dont have a F&^%#%$#
clue. Back to my Baileys and coffee.

radkow

zero

unregmp2.exe error - Entry Point Not Found

I had the same error.

I think the problem is caused by using a product activation key durin
the repair installation that is different than the one used during th
original installation.
In my case, when I could not find my original disk (I am sure I put i
somewhere safe, but that was months ago), I used my son's CD.
I searched in vain for a window, dialog, tab, or pane that displays m
original product key.
My question: how do I uncover the "product key" that I originall
used?
In any event, as previously suggested, wait out the repai
installation, and it will eventually boot through to the login screen

zer

zero

unregmp2.exe error - Entry Point Not Found

I had the same error.

I think the problem is caused by using a product activation key durin
the repair installation that is different than the one used during th
original installation.
In my case, when I could not find my original disk (I am sure I put i
somewhere safe, but that was months ago), I used my son's CD.
I searched in vain for a window, dialog, tab, or pane that displays m
original product key.
My question: how do I uncover the "product key" that I originall
used?
In any event, as previously suggested, wait out the repai
installation, and it will eventually boot through to the login screen

zer

mystic

no ,
have same problem
original number installation and I used the same original number voo
reinstallation

sorry for bad englisch never learn this
speak only dutc

mysti

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hello Zero,
The error has nothing to do with the product key or with activation.
The error has to do with a mismatched dll that the program is calling.
To see which dlls are being called you can extract depends.exe from the
support.cab on the Windows XP cd.
Then run depends.exe and open unregmp2.exe to see what dlls are being
called.
One of those dlls is not the correct version for the version of
unregmp2.exe that is being run.

Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

| From: zero <[email protected]>
| Subject: Re: unregmp2.exe error during install/repair
| Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 11:37:20 -0600
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment

unregmp2.exe error - Entry Point Not Found

| I had the same error.
|
| I think the problem is caused by using a product activation key during
the repair installation that is different than the one used during the
original installation.
| In my case, when I could not find my original disk (I am sure I put it
somewhere safe, but that was months ago), I used my son's CD.
| I searched in vain for a window, dialog, tab, or pane that displays my
original product key.
| My question: how do I uncover the "product key" that I originally
used?
| In any event, as previously suggested, wait out the repair
installation, and it will eventually boot through to the login screen.

zero

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hello Jrinohio,
The error has to do with a mismatched dll that the program is calling.
To see which dlls are being called you can extract depends.exe from the
support.cab on the Windows XP cd.
Then run depends.exe and open unregmp2.exe to see what dlls are being
called.
One of those dlls is not the correct version for the version of
unregmp2.exe that is being run.
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

| From: jrinohio <[email protected]>
| Subject: Re: unregmp2.exe error during install/repair
| Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 11:14:50 -0600
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment

Still working on uncovering the root cause however if you click through
the OK Banner (this could be from 20-70) times the procedure will
continue as if nothing happened.

| =?Utf-8?B?RGF2aWQgQQ==?= wrote:
| > *I get the following error with unregmp2.exe during compnent
registration "The procedure entry point GetIUMS could not be located
in the dynamic link library msdart.dll" and my only option is OK,
error window immediately reappears, same problem. Is there
| > any way to avoid this problem or get install to continue around it? *

jrinohio

zero

OK
I see
A mismatched dll
Does Microsoft expect me to open unregmp2.exe and fix it?
I don't think so
Now what?
Thanks,
zer

zer

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hello Zero,
What you need to do is determine what dlls versions are on your system that
unregmp2.exe using the tool I referenced in the last post. You may have to
change out the dlls so that the correct version is in place.
Are you using the latest version of unregmp2.exe? I do not use this so I
am not that familiar with it.
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

| From: zero <[email protected]>
| Subject: Re: unregmp2.exe error during install/repair
| Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2004 12:30:33 -0600
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
| <[email protected]>
<[email protected]> <[email protected]>
<[email protected]> <[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
| <[email protected]> <[email protected]>
<[email protected]> <[email protected]>
<[email protected]> <[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment

OK
| I see
| A mismatched dll
| Does Microsoft expect me to open unregmp2.exe and fix it?
| I don't think so
| Now what?
| Thanks,
| zero

zero

onepercent

I am going through the same problem. I have been looking all over wit
google to try and solve this and it seems that every post I have foun
has been after the new year. I am guessing that it is tied to some M
update. Any thoughts

onepercen