"undeliverable" message when sending emails

Brad

We are getting a returned email message:
From: System Administrator
Sent: Friday, April 11, 2008 9:24 AM
To: '(e-mail address removed)'
Subject: Undeliverable: Megan xxxxxx info

Subject: Megan xxxxxn info

Sent: 4/11/2008 9:24 AM

'(e-mail address removed)' on 4/11/2008 9:24 AM

550 5.7.1 <[email protected]>... Relaying denied. IP name
lookup failed [our external IP address]

I'm getting this message from only one PC and ONLY when using "Outlook". If
I use Outlook Express she can send emails just fine. Which I am assuming I'm
eliminating the Pc and connection issues. I'm not getting any "outlook"
errors just this returned email almost immediately when sending an email.

I'm not sure if this is an Outlook issue or an email server issue but why
just in outlook but not in outlook express.

We're using WinXP pro sp2 with OfficeXP sbe. I've forwarded this information
to my email server people but haven't heard anything back yet. Could this be
a setting issue I'm missing? She receives emails with no problem. I've
checked and rechecked spelling and for correct ports.

All suggestions welcomed,

Brad

Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]

Are you using the same SMTP (outgoing mail) server in both OE & Outlook?

Brad

yes

Vince Averello said:
[...]

Odd... is the email address defined in the account the same for both?

Brad

OK, I found my problem.

The "box" to "save my password" was checked but there wasn't a password in
the 'password' field.

I removed the checkmark and

I went into "Outgoing mail server" and CHANGED the setting from "use same
settings as my incoming mail server" to
"Log on using" with the userID and Password saved.

This seems to have fixed my issue.