Unchecking ipv6 registry key from Adapter

Reaction score
HI,
My requirement is to disable ipv6 from the cisco vpn adapter and AGN vpn adapter.
Searching in google i got some info.i have done following things as given in one forum as below:

Ø On core o/s launch regedit and export thefollowing reg key before making any changes HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\TCPIP6\Linkage.

Ø Go to the "Linkage" subkey and clearout the values from the Bind and Route strings completely, setting them toblank.

Ø Change the Export key's value to have only:\Devices\Tcpip6.

Ø Going to the "Parameters" subkey underthe location HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\TCPIP6\Linkage.

Ø create a dword (matching your o/s type,32bit/64bit) and name it DisabledComponents

Ø set the hex value to FF

· close everything out and reboot once .

· After restarting open command prompt and typecommand " ipconfig /all", no ipv6 information or stack bindingsfrom the ipv6 protocol is seen.

THis is working fine.But my requirement includes that the check box should be unchecked at IPV6.But its not getting done.Can anyone help me how to uncheck that
check box through a script or through registry modifications.

Ask a Question