From: "michel guimond" submitted in a news group.
Subject: When I launch an instance of IE6, it seems to launch the next
instance of the window, but then it closes it and launches the new one over
the existing one. Thus, I can't have multiple instances of I.E. running.
Very frustrating.

Solution: Yahoo Companion.
I uninstalled it and I'm now able to open new windows (Ctrl-N or
File/new/window)
--

New windows issues.
http://www.generation.net/~hleboeuf/ienewind.htm

If all fails check for parasites.
IE 6.

Try this: Tools > Internet Options > Advanced > Browsing
Uncheck the Enable 3rd party browser extensions

If this clears your problem then find out who the culprit(s) is/are with
these tools.

Let AD-Aware Scan your system for advertising Spyware
http://www.lavasoftusa.com

and:

SpyBot-S&D
http://security.kolla.de/

p.s Reset the 3rd party browser setting.

Dealing with Unwanted Spyware, Parasites, Toolbars and Search Engines
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

Henri Leboeuf