Unable to use another browser, Navigator, other than explorer

G

I've installed Netscape's Navigator several times, but my computer refuses to open it
Do I have a wrong setting? Is WinXP playing a trick on me? Can you help? I've installed Netscape 7.1
When I try to open it from a shortcut or from anywhere, nothing happens. The target on the shortcuts when I check "Properties" is "C:\Program\Files\Netscape\Netscape\Netscp.exe". I've tried accessing it from the shortcut on the desktop, which was placed there by the program when I installed it after downloading it. I've tried from the start program links. I've tried from the "all programs" link. Nothing happens when I try to open it. Nothing. I'm sorry if I don't do well in describing the details usefully

A

AnnonUser

Can't browse with other than Explorer said:
I've installed Netscape's Navigator several times, but my computer refuses to open it.
Do I have a wrong setting? Is WinXP playing a trick on me? Can you help? I've installed Netscape 7.1;
When I try to open it from a shortcut or from anywhere, nothing happens. The target on the shortcuts when I check "Properties" is "C:\Program\Files\Netscape\Netscape\Netscp.exe". I've tried accessing it from the shortcut on the desktop, which was placed there by the program when I installed it after downloading it. I've tried from the start program links. I've tried from the "all programs" link. Nothing happens when I try to open it. Nothing. I'm sorry if I don't do well in describing the details usefully.

Your description is fine.

XP isn't playing tricks on you, but something's wrong. Many users run
multiple browsers with no problems. (I have NS 7.1 as default, IE6 for
sites that require it, Mozilla 1.6 in preparation to make the switch
from 7.1, and Firefox and Thunderbird just because.)

First, check in Set Program Access and Defaults and see if you can set
Netscape 7.1 as your default browser and enable access to IE.

Second, if that doesn't work, try uninstalling 7.1 and downloading
Mozilla 1.6 here: http://www.mozilla.org/
AOL has dropped the Netscape browser -- no new updates are planned --
and Mozilla is the future. It looks and feels just like NS 7.1 with
minor differences having to do with proprietary AOL components like the
'Netscaped' version of AIM and accessing Netscape.net mail thru the
e-mail client. Many NS users have already made the switch and love the
new Mozilla.

Last, if you have your heart set on Netscape 7.1 or have trouble
installing and running Mozilla, go here and scroll down the main page to
the Newsgroups link. It will bring you to a page with links for every
product. You can post on one of them and the Netscape Champions will