unable to send/receive: Outlook 2K

G

History-
I reinstalled Win2K Pro:
Had a back up of my email, addresses and so on.
I located the location of my msg store and moved all my old emails to that location.
I opened Outlook and all my old msg's were imported successfully.
Access the mail properties and set everything up exactly as it was prior to the reinstallation. ie(mail acct, server, incoming, outgoing, Acct name)

Issue-
When I attempt to send/retrieve I received an error: Unable to connect to the server. Account:'mail.comcast.net', PoP3 Server: 'mail.comcast.net', Error Number 0x800ccc0e)

MS suggest changing my SMTP to MSN's SMTP(smtp.email.msn.com) but I had no success.

Could it be my router firewall?

I'm still able to access Comcast website to see my mail and I use the same acct name and password.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

G

CP said:
History-
I reinstalled Win2K Pro:
Had a back up of my email, addresses and so on.
I located the location of my msg store and moved all my old emails to that location.
I opened Outlook and all my old msg's were imported successfully.
Access the mail properties and set everything up exactly as it was prior to the reinstallation. ie(mail acct, server, incoming, outgoing, Acct name)

Issue-
When I attempt to send/retrieve I received an error: Unable to connect to the server. Account:'mail.comcast.net', PoP3 Server: 'mail.comcast.net', Error Number 0x800ccc0e)

MS suggest changing my SMTP to MSN's SMTP(smtp.email.msn.com) but I had no success.

Could it be my router firewall?

I'm still able to access Comcast website to see my mail and I use the same acct name and password.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ask a Question