Unable to see Win98 computers from Win2000 box

G

Hi,

I have a small home network. I have two Win98 boxes and a Win2000 box. All connect to the internet fine but, the 98's can't see the 2000 and the 2000 can't see the 98's. The 98's see each other fine. The Win2000 and 1 Win98 box are connected to the same hub, still no see. The workgroup names are correct and sharing is enabled on all boxes. Any ideas?

Thanks.
Andy.

G

Try to install NetBEUI on both 98 and 2000 and give it a tr

----- nospamexbrit wrote: ----

Hi

I have a small home network. I have two Win98 boxes and a Win2000 box. All connect to the internet fine but, the 98's can't see the 2000 and the 2000 can't see the 98's. The 98's see each other fine. The Win2000 and 1 Win98 box are connected to the same hub, still no see. The workgroup names are correct and sharing is enabled on all boxes. Any ideas

Thanks
Andy.

G

Thanks for the help, I fiddled with the protocols and it works now

Not sure what I did, but the only problem now is, it won't automatically log on as "Administrator" I have to keep entering the password manually

Ask a Question