Unable to open Desktop icons, control panel or Internet Explorer

G

Ok I got a very tricky issue.
I am unable to open any folders, control panel or Internet Explorer. Everytime I click on the Icons or programs, the Icon flickers and nothing happens. I could click on it for hours and it just flickers and nothing. I booted up in Safe Mode and when I log in as the admin (only thru Safe Mode) I could then open up any folderI want . I went into the Control Panel and deleted every program or misc item that was not needed. I am still unable to select my icons or control panel when booted in regular mode... This just started happening about 1 week ago. Please help, this is some issue and I cannot resolve it.

G

I have the same problem (see post). One way i found to open some files is to right click on the start button--properties--customize--advanced-- then change all to display as menu. I now this dosen't solve the problem but at least you can open SOME files.

L

Lance Joiner

Try going to internet options...advanced tab..uncheck enable third party
extensions.

G

You cannot open internet explorer unless you're in "Safe Mode." Should I go that route access IE explorer and disable "Third party Option" there?

Thanks

Ask a Question