unable to install windows mobile SDK

Trapulo

I'm trying to install windows mobile SDK 6.0 professional to target NET CF
3.5 application to windows mobile 6. However, launching the MSI I've this
error:
"the system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation"

I'M the administrator, and I'm didn't set any policy.
My pc runs win 2003 std.

any idea?
Win mobile 6 sdk standard has been installed without any problem

thanks

Armando Rocha

Hi,

Try copy cab file in "C:\Program
Files\Microsoft.NET\SDK\CompactFramework\v3.5\WindowsCE" to your Device (you
must copy the correct cab, if you are using Pocket PC you must copy
"NETCFv35.ppc.armv4") and run it directly from your device.

Trapulo

cab file?

I'm try to install the SDK on my PC to write code from VS 2008.. why a
device? I'm not trying to install CF 3.5 on the device, just the SDK on the
PC...

Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]

You're running on an unsupported OS. You might search the archives of this
group using GoogleGroups and see whether this is the error that those others
who have been running your OS have had problems with. I think that's the
source of your problem, though.

Paul T.

Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]

You're right. I misread the original message. I would double-check the
requirements against what the OP is actually running. I thought that *was*
an indication of an OS problem.

Paul T.

Not sure what Win 2003 Std. is but Windows 2003 Server *is* supported:

Supported Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2; Windows
Vista; Windows XP Service Pack 2

from
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...3A-A651-4745-88EF-3D48091A390B&displaylang=en

Robert

--
http://blog.robertsoft.de/

"Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]" <p space tobey no spam AT no instrument no spam DOT
com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:[email protected]...

Trapulo

I'm running Win 2003 Server Standard SP2

The SDK standard works well, so I think that there isn't any problem. I
don't know why the SDk professional reports that error.. :(

com> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
[...]

Let's make that statement a little clearer. You're saying that the WM6
Standard device SDK *will* install fine, but that the WM6 Professional SDK
will not? And it's the actual SDK install that is failing? I'm afraid that
only MS is going to be able to get into enough detail on what, specifically,
the SDK install is doing to actually figure out what the problem is. You
may need to start a paid support request (they will not charge you, if it's
a bug).

Paul T.

Trapulo said:
[...]

yes

And it's the actual SDK install that is failing?

yes, just download either pro and standard installers
I'm afraid that only MS is going to be able to get into enough detail on
what, specifically, the SDK install is doing to actually figure out what
the problem is. You may need to start a paid support request (they will
not charge you, if it's a bug).

Yes, I can also open it with my MSDN tickets. However, if this is not a
known problem, I think that I'll just wait some weeks because I've a new PC
incoming and I'll have a fresh OS where try to install.

thanks

BillFn Gates

Fire up -Local Security Settings- from Admin tools.
Create a new “Software Restriction Policy”.
Click –Enforcement- & select “All users except local Admins”

Nothing like a straight answer. Lol
Replied to old thread for benefit of anyone hitting here via google.