Unable to install KB938194 or KB938979 due to 0x80004002 error

Hi Guys/Gals

When I try to install either of the two enhancement packs, I get the error
below. Any ideas gratefully received.

David

---------------------------
Windows Update Standalone Installer
---------------------------
Installer encountered an error: 0x80004002

No such interface supported

You are lucky. My system works perfectly but I always want more power. I read
the KB articles and my system wasn't affected with any of the issues. I saw
the improved memory management and went for it. My system slowed down
considerably. IE was dragging, Outlook was sluggish, moving around in the
file system in Explorer was slow. I wasted my time D/Ling them, installing
them, un-installing them, restoring my system and cleaning it back up. I had
a gut feeling to leave those updates alone until, OR IF, they push them in
the updates. I didn' have a single symptom listed in the LB article and was
just going for performance and ended decreasing instead of improving my
systems performance.

Good luck. May the bytes favor you!

Sam

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hello,
What is in the %windir%\windowsupdate.log file?

Has the machine been rebooted?

Also what is the output of
filever /v %windir%\system32\wu*

Filever.exe was a tool included with previous operating system in the
support tools folder.

Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]