Unable to dialup customer

Hi Everyone

When trying to dialup one of our customers I receive the following error:

Error 734: The PPP link control protocol was terminated.

On customer side, the Administrator checked all the settings.

I looked at the following KB but it didn't help:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318718

Is there anything else I should do ?

Thanks

Best

Hi Everyone

When trying to dialup one of our customers I receive the following error:

Error 734: The PPP link control protocol was terminated.

On customer side, the Administrator checked all the settings.

I looked at the following KB but it didn't help:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318718

Is there anything else I should do ?

Thanks

Best

Hi,
Make sure you are typing the correct user name and password and your CAPS
Lock is not turned ON.
Read here for more info and apply as needed:
"Error 691" Error Message When You Try to Connect to Your ISP"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314455
HTH.
Let us know.
nass
===
www.nasstec.co.uk

Ken Zhao [MSFT]

Hello Best,

Thank you for using newsgroup!

Based on my research, this similar issue may occur if AOL7.0 is installed.
If you have installed AOL7.0, this error can be resolved in the following
two ways:

1. Start > Control Panel > Network and Internet Connections > Network
Connections
2. Right click the connectoid in question, select "Cancel as Default
Connection"

-OR-

1. Start > Control Panel > Network and Internet Connections > Network
Connections
2. Delete the connectoid in question. Since the issue is a result of
proprietary software, deleting a Microsoft Connectoid will not affect the
ISP's proprietary software.

In addition, you may refer to the following articles that have contained
the same error message:
310431: "Error 691" or "Error 734" When You Attempt to Establish a Dial-Up
Connection in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;310431

318718: "Error 734: The PPP Link Control Protocol Was Terminated" Error
Message Occurs If You Try to Establish a Dial-Up Connection
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;318718

Hope that helps!

Thanks & Regards,

Ken Zhao