Unable to Copy to DVD

wassup.doc

Until recently I have had no trouble copying binaries from Newsgroups onto
CD's. Now that I am trying to use DVD's I am having difficulties whichever
way I try. A message appears on screen: "Windows encountered a problem when
trying to copy this file. What do you want to do? (choices) Retry
Cancel. Your help would be greatly appreciated. David.

VanguardLH

wassup.doc wrote in message
Until recently I have had no trouble copying binaries from
Newsgroups onto
CD's. Now that I am trying to use DVD's I am having difficulties
whichever
way I try. A message appears on screen: "Windows encountered a
problem when
trying to copy this file. What do you want to do? (choices) Retry
Cancel. Your help would be greatly appreciated. David.

The included CD burn support in Windows XP does not support the DVD
format. You'll have to use the CD/DVD burn software that came with
your CD/DVD recordable drive. Or buy it, like Nero. Or see if free
stuff works for you, like CDBurnerXP Pro.

Poprivet