Unable to Copy and Paste

MC

My XP computer has developed a problem that is quite annoying. I can copy
text, but the paste option is greyed out. I've done the bit about
registering dlls and the windows file protection scan; I've scanned for
viruses and spyware (nothing found). What can I do to get this working
again?

Thanks!

MC

Cannot open clipboard.
Error numbers are 0/0
An open clipboard doesn't generate an error message. To see what might be
the problem if an error number is non zero, type in a command prompt net
helpmsg <number>
Attempting to find the process with the clipboard open

When I press enter I get:
PID of Procecess with clipboard opened is 2932
Use TaskManager to match the PID with a Process name or use MSInfo32's
Running Task Page which also lists the path to the process.

I don't have a process that matches that running.

Thanks

Ramesh, MS-MVP

Reboot once and re-run the utility. It looks like David's utility has
correctly located the culprit program's PID. When you open Task Manager,
sort using the PID column so that you can locate the process easily.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

Windows XP Troubleshooting
http://www.winhelponline.com

MC

Thanks very much, Ramesh!

Ramesh said:
Reboot once and re-run the utility. It looks like David's utility has
correctly located the culprit program's PID. When you open Task Manager,
sort using the PID column so that you can locate the process easily.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

Windows XP Troubleshooting
http://www.winhelponline.com

Ramesh, MS-MVP

Off Topic:

Aus still holds the "21 successive wins in ODI", as SA lost to India today.
They had 20 successive wins prior to this.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

Windows XP Troubleshooting
http://www.winhelponline.com

"David Candy" <.> wrote in message
What is the program's name?

Wow...this has been driving me CRAZY. I ran the GetOpenClipboard tool and
teh offending application was none other than mmc.exe. ack!

I had installed the new version recently and always keep a copy of the Admin
tool Remote Desktops running to manage my bundle of servers across multiple
locations. As soon as I closed the mmc, I got my copy-paste back.

However, this doesn't not answer the next question: What do I do about the
offending mmc.exe? Has there been a hotfix released that I don't know about?

I am running MMC 3.0 on XP SP2.

I hate to uninstall it...if I even can.

thanks though...at least I am back in business with copy-paste. Ahhh...the
little things we take for granted. I didn't realize how much I would miss
copy-paste. :)