Unable to clean your local free/busy information

Discussion in 'Microsoft Outlook Calendar' started by Guest, May 5, 2006.

    Hi All,

    Looks as though there are a lot of similar issues here.

    We have 1 user, with some delegates set up giving editor access to his email
    and calendar.

    Whenever a delegate opens his calendar, and tries to book a meeting or edit
    an existing meeting they are presented with the message:

    The item may not have been deleted correctly. If someone sent you the item,
    that person's copy of the item may not be updated. Unable to open the
    free/busy information.

    Have run outlook.exe /cleanfreebusy on both PCs (the delegator and the
    delegatee). On the delegators PC you get the message:

    Unable to clean your local free/busy information

    Have tried decreasing the update time in free/busy options.

    Have tried creating a new outlook profile for the delegator, you still get
    the message above. Have tried logging the delegator onto another PC and
    running the /cleanfreebusy switch with no change (i.e. the same error
    message).

    I don't suppose anyone has this one licked yet?

    Thanks in advance!!!

    Peter

    Guest, May 5, 2006

  2. Are the same versions of Outlook accessing the mailbox of the user with the
    problem?

    --
    Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

    reading.

    After furious head scratching, Peter asked:

    Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook], May 5, 2006

    Yes, all Outlook 2003.

    Guest, May 6, 2006

    I have also tried moving the mailbox to a different store on the Exchange
    server with no luck.

    Guest, May 15, 2006

    Removed Patch KB916521, This seems to have worked for us.

    -Tim

    Peter wrote:
    > I have also tried moving the mailbox to a different store on the Exchange
    > server with no luck.
    >

    > "Peter" wrote:
    >
    > > Yes, all Outlook 2003.
    > >
    > > "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:
    > >
    > > > Are the same versions of Outlook accessing the mailbox of the user with the
    > > > problem?
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
    > > >
    > > > Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All
    > > > unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without
    > > > reading.
    > > >
    > > > After furious head scratching, Peter asked:

    , Jun 7, 2006