Unable to activate Web Expression 60 day trial

Glenn

I DID manage to successfully download the free trial but have been unable to
activate it. I keep getting the error message "error in communication, please
try again in a few minutes". Which I have been doing now for 3 days! Anyone
else had a similar experience? (and yes, thanks to comments from Ronx and
Artemesia, I did write down the activation code!)

Also, I could not find a discussion group on Expression. Presumably one
doesn't exist?

Ronx

The expression web newsgroup is at

This link will open in your default newsreader.

Glenn, I'll leave your 1st question for Ron.

NO, there are tons of Newsgroup except no time to read all ;o) So choose ONLY what you want.
Open OE > Tools > Newsgroups > use Down Arrow to scroll down to " microsoft public expression xxxx" > xxxx is for your choice of
Newsgroup > select that group name > Go To.

HTH,
-Rino

Andrew Murray

Glenn said:
I DID manage to successfully download the free trial but have been unable
activate it. I keep getting the error message "error in communication,
please
try again in a few minutes". Which I have been doing now for 3 days!
Anyone
else had a similar experience? (and yes, thanks to comments from Ronx and
Artemesia, I did write down the activation code!)

Also, I could not find a discussion group on Expression. Presumably one
doesn't exist?

Groups for Expression do exist - on the msnews.microsoft.com news server
(maybe not on your local ISP's news server)
The group is microsoft.public.expression.webdesigner.

Artemisia

I don't know the answer to the problem with the trial, but I do know that
when I was browsing through the Expression Web forum and this forum last
night, I saw quite a lot of posts having to do with problems with the trial
version. One person even tried to contact Microsoft about it, but the answer
apparently was that they do not support the trial version.

My guess is that the trial version is buggy, and there may not be anything
we can do about it.