UK Citizen Test

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
CL offers the opinion elsewhere that we will never see the likes of Sir Bobby Robson again.

Hey Mr Flopp's I was just paying my respects to a great man who died over the weekend is all..
This is a public forum is it not and am I not able to express my opinion of a great man who has passed on..

No doubt there will be more people who will be born and go on to become very nice men, I don't dispute that. But this guy had a little something which most people don't have, a very rare quality and a uniqueness that unless you are a football fan and followed the journey of this man you wouldn't really understand..

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
crazylegs said:
Hey Mr Flopp's I was just paying my respects to a great man who died over the weekend is all..
This is a public forum is it not and am I not able to express my opinion of a great man who has passed on..

No doubt there will be more people who will be born and go on to become very nice men, I don't dispute that. But this guy had a little something which most people don't have, a very rare quality and a uniqueness that unless you are a football fan and followed the journey of this man you wouldn't really understand..

No disrespect intended and certainly no offence.

My piping up is merely a tirade against the use of cliche, I suppose, people always say the same things without I think sometimes thinking what they mean.

He was a great man and even I as a football philistine knew and apreciated that.

It's just.... me, probably. I've never really fitted in anywhere cosily and have always questioned, I won't go with the flow.

I think it's maybe about time I shut up.

Carry on.

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
No disrespect intended and certainly no offence.
Carry on.

None taken Mr Flopp's...:)

And you carry on carrying on, we wouldn't have it any other way.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
nivrip said:

An absoloute must see movie, best of british :thumb:

http://www.archive.org/details/PassportToPimlicoEnglish1949

"In true Ealing fashion, this is a gently comic satire on the British way of rule. In Pimlico, the residents are fast to turn their back on England in favour of a life outside of rationing and rules. Needless to say things don't go quite as they planned. As a satire, it doesn't totally work as not all it's points and digs are on target - in fact at times I wasn't sure what it was aiming at. However this is not to say that it isn't consistently amusing because it is. The basic plot is enjoyably slick and reminded me in essence of The Mouse That Roared. The laughs are rarely belly laughs but it produced a consistent chuckle in me as it was rather disarming and enjoyable. The more fanciful it becomes the more whimsical it feels - it never gets silly because the tone is so well pitched throughout to avoid it being daft at any point."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0041737/

nod.gif

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Hey AB, it wasn't the movie I was confused about - it was the comment about Whitby. :) ;)

Ask a Question