ugly grey default background on IE7?

9

99XJ

On my work computer, we recently updated to IE7. Now, on some web pages the
background is a dull light grey instead of white. (but not on all) I've
narrowed it down to mainly webpages that have no bgcolor named in the body
tag. What's weird is mine is the only one that it is defunked on, and
today I noticed while changing backgrounds of the Outlook Today page in my
Outlook 2003 that the "Standard" pages have the grey BG too. There must be a
connection because it too was working fine until we installed IE7. I've
tried everything in the Theme and Appearance tabs in Display Properties to
no avail... any ideas?

Don Varnau

Hi,
In Internet Options> General> Colors, select "Use Windows colors."

Also check:
Control Panel> Accessibility Options> Display. Make sure that High Contrast
is not checked. Also click on Settings and uncheck Use Shortcut. That will
disable the Alt+Shift+Print Screen shortcut to High Contrast.

Then, Internet Options> General> Accessibility. For most users, nothing
should be checked.

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

9

99XJ

Yes I believe it will because now I remember the "Use Windows Colors" is
unchecked because of the "visited" link color I wanted. I didn't even think
to look there. I will first try that, then un check it again and change
"background" to white.

Thanks!

In Internet Options> General> Colors, select "Use Windows colors."

Also check:
Control Panel> Accessibility Options> Display. Make sure that High Contrast
is not checked. Also click on Settings and uncheck Use Shortcut. That will
disable the Alt+Shift+Print Screen shortcut to High Contrast.

Then, Internet Options> General> Accessibility. For most users, nothing
should be checked.

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

9

99XJ

Yes I got to work and tried the Colors thing. I even tried a yellow
background LOL now I'm back to white thanks!!