Ubuntu under the spotlight

Alias

isala said:
Ooh! That really got me! You little name caller you. I bet you're
great in the school playground. 'little liar little liar, pants are on
fire'

You are lying. That is a fact, your silly reply doesn't change that. MS
is seriously worried about Open Source.
Yes so, o biased one.

No, you are. I presented the facts.
Not long to wait now.

I will reignite this conversation after the launch of Windows 7 and in
the months after that.

When we see the sales and popularity of that operating system, then we
will see who the liar is.

A lot of cocaine is sold, too, but that doesn't make cocaine a good
thing to do. Same is true of Coca Cola.
Happy hunting you devil. Scratch your eyes out!

isala

I've preordered Win 7 so we shall see what we shall see.

Alias

Spanketh Thy Monkey

Alias said:
You are lying. That is a fact, your silly reply doesn't change that. MS is
seriously worried about Open Source.

No, you are. I presented the facts.

A lot of cocaine is sold, too, but that doesn't make cocaine a good thing
to do. Same is true of Coca Cola.

I've preordered Win 7 so we shall see what we shall see.

Alias
So you are giving money to Microsoft for one of their products? Well, I
guess that Ubuntu just doesn't "cut the mustard" when it comes to computing.

Glad to see you are supporting Microsoft by purchasing one of their
products.

Just FYI.

Spanketh Thy Monkey

Stubby - Are you named "stubby" because of your tiny little dick?

You know, the one you need a search party to find?

isala

DanS said:
OK.......

(Take special note that for the three names and the email addresses
you've used in this thread are all jumbled spellings of 'Alias'....)

Like I said in my other post, you're not too smart.

The OP of this thread.....
From: "Saila" <[email protected]>
Subject: Ubuntu under the spotlight
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 20:17:30 +0100
Your post from 'Lisaa' in this thread, agreeing with you.

From: "Lisaa" <[email protected]>
Your first post as 'isala' in this thread, responding to me.

From: "isala" <[email protected]>

Here's a post from 9/30, posted under: andy t

From: "andy t" <[email protected]>

A post as 'Neville the Novice' from 10/05

From: "Neville the Novice" <[email protected]>
Here's the one 'Goliath the Great' post...

From: "Goliath the Great" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: How fast can modern speech app's convert speech to text?
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2009 19:56:33 +0100
Here's one of 3 or 4 Mark COnrad posts from 10/03.

From: "Mark Conrad" <[email protected]>
Subject: This is how fast I can dictate using DNS
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2009 11:39:09 +0100

3 posts from Brenda on 10/01...here's one.

From: "Brenda" <[email protected]>
Subject: balloon and icon in system tray!
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 15:24:21 +0100

Well done Dano! I was wondering when the first person would notice that
Alias was spelt DELIBERATELY either backwards as so 'Slias' or as an anagram
of the name. Considering it is only five letters, it doesn't take a super
brain child on how to work it out.

In fact it took you longer than I thought it would you moron.

I did this on purpose to find out who would be first idiot to point it out.
Being as it is relatively easy to find out and also by using a five letter
word then changing it only slightly, I was counting on someone finding it
out. What took you so long?

Now let's contemplate all the other names. What do you think the general
theme was running through this little experiment. You guessed it

Alias', and considering all the other names were Alias' also, I thought I'd
make the experiment a little easier and you my little dip-stick, won the
prize! lol!

Now for the real test you plonker. Now that you know they are all Alias',
here comes the real test.

Now tell me my real name? Bet you can't solve that one Sherlock!

Saila - Alias spelt backwards

Anagrams of Alias
Alisa
Lisaa
Lasia
Alasi
Liaas
Laasi
Alais
Sliaa
Liasa
Asila
isala
Aisla

And the rest of the names, all made up and Alias'. The theme of the
experiment. Dano, you're a genius! LOL!

isala

DanS said:
Liberace.....at least, that's who you come across as.

He's dead you idiot! What does the 'S' stand for in 'DanS'? *Stupid*

I'll give you a clue:

It's not Liberace, its not Alias and it's not DanS!

There you go. That should keep you busy for the next hundred years ;-)

Saila - Alias - Alisa, Lisaa, Lasia, Alasi, Liaas, Laasi, Alais, Sliaa,
Liasa, Asila, isala and Aisla

Alisa

Alias said:
You are lying. That is a fact, your silly reply doesn't change that. MS is
seriously worried about Open Source.

No, you are the little liar and my silly reply as you call it, was in reply
to your silly reply calling me a liar.

If anything, it is the other way round your little liar. Look at this fact
below and see who is really worried.

http://www.crn.com/software/21401706;jsessionid=4C1R0HYNNQR4NQE1GHOSKH4ATMY32JVN

In the long distant future, Open Source, sources and MS will probably work
together but this does not mean that MS is worried about open Source,
sources. If anything, this broadens MS' Horizons even further for them.

http://hbswk.hbs.edu/item/4834.html
No, you are. I presented the facts.

You presented me with nothing, where are your facts?
A lot of cocaine is sold, too, but that doesn't make cocaine a good thing
to do. Same is true of Coca Cola.

That's a very bad analogy. The reason a lot of cocaine is sold, IS BECAUSE
IT IS POPULAR. With most of the general public might I add.

Also you cannot get addicted to an operating system. Durr!

Have you always been this dense?
I've preordered Win 7 so we shall see what we shall see.

There you go! That didn't hurt did it. Difference is, I won't be getting
'Ubuntu', free or not. And just for your information, I will be getting Win
7 absolutely free!

(notice 'pre-ordered' is set down properly here with the hyphen in-between,
not as you have put it in your silly statement above).

Just because YOU have pre-ordered a copy of Windows 7, that does not mean I
will be listening to YOU. I make it a habit of not listening to biased
trolls.

It means, I will be listening to the masses and also looking up the sales of
the product. If they are anything as impressive as the pre-order sales are,
then you're in for a shock my friend.

http://www.engadget.com/2009/06/29/windows-7-pre-orders-sell-out-in-japan/
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/news/index.cfm?newsid=119190
http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9134897/Windows_7_pre_orders_grab_Amazon_s_top_sales_spots
http://www.trustedreviews.com/software/news/2009/07/15/Windows-7-Pre-Order-Sales-Soar/p1

Facts my friend. I believe you have forgot what they are.

And that is just a few unbiased reviews and that is BEFORE it actually comes
out proper!

Isala Alias, Alias mixed up.

Alias

Alisa said:
No, you are the little liar and my silly reply as you call it, was in
reply to your silly reply calling me a liar.

If anything, it is the other way round your little liar. Look at this
fact below and see who is really worried.

http://www.crn.com/software/21401706;jsessionid=4C1R0HYNNQR4NQE1GHOSKH4ATMY32JVN

In the long distant future, Open Source, sources and MS will probably
work together but this does not mean that MS is worried about open
Source, sources. If anything, this broadens MS' Horizons even further
for them.

http://hbswk.hbs.edu/item/4834.html

You presented me with nothing, where are your facts?

Here are over a million links to how Ballmer feels about Linux:

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source...qi=g10&oq=steve+ballmer+l&fp=2cca7b2e99206b9c
That's a very bad analogy. The reason a lot of cocaine is sold, IS
BECAUSE IT IS POPULAR. With most of the general public might I add.

Translation: you didn't understand the analogy.
Also you cannot get addicted to an operating system. Durr!

Not relevant.
Have you always been this dense?

Speak for yourself.
There you go! That didn't hurt did it. Difference is, I won't be
getting 'Ubuntu', free or not. And just for your information, I will be
getting Win 7 absolutely free!

Call someone who gives a shit.

Snip ill informed drivel.

Alias

aaron

Saila said:
I have always wondered this.

Ubuntu, it is generally well known, as being behind Windows Vista or 7 in
the sales department, possibly on a scale of about 50-1. Normally, sales
indicate popularity on a product. We can also assume from these figures
that volume of sales could also indicate a certain quality of that product.

Therefore, on that assumption, the 50-1 deficit that Ubuntu lags behind in
the sales department, is possibly not even the 2nd best nor even the 3rd or
4th best OS come to think of it.

I therefore pondered on this question. Why on earth should I settle for
second best, let alone third or fourth best?

If they can afford it, most people in life want the best. That is why I
will be buying Windows 7 this month.

Although I will have to purchase it and not get it free as you can Ubuntu,
you have to ask yourself this question. If Ubuntu is so great, why is it
free? Could there be a catch? Of course there is, there always is with
free products.

The answer is, because they cannot give it away in the first place. That is
why Ubuntu will never be able to compete with the big boys.

I hope this little insight now explains why Ubuntu is just a toy and it will
always need sales trolls as Alias is, to work so hard and try in vain to
shift some of the sales for this product.

Saila

question how does some thing free have anything to do with how good
something is by reading this then i will then see mac out doing windows since
apples cost so much more. so this is how im taking your comment on ubuntu.
price is something people always put a price tag on. what i think is funny is
how people pay me to fix the computer with how do you say it your sales dept
says its the best. wait a moment i just charged this windows user a bunch of
cash because he is totally stupid and bought a product that has all sorts of
problems with being stable because of viruses.... dont give me this ohh its
because windows has more users. that a load of crap its because windows lets
everything under the sun get installed and then causes crashes. im thankful
for windows it keeps my money comming in and while im using my cheap os as
you call it ubuntu i can spend more time working on peoples computers with
windows and less time fixing mine thank you microsoft for building a product
that keeps me working. i guess this is part of your marketing and being part
of being a big boy huh. as a linux user i do spend time helping people move
to linux and installing that software for free and helping them as they need
it. thats part of being a community and caring about fellow users. and not
having to feel bad because someone keeps getting hit with those viruses..

aaron

Saila said:
[...]

:

im just kidding guys i love ubuntu and i will be buying the support for
there products since the support is better than m$ what i said at first was a
bunch of lies and sorry i wasted yoru time

saila