Two Inboxes etc

Reaction score
Excuse me because I am a newbie........... I have just migrated to BT internet and now I have two inboxes, two files for sent items etc. Is this normal and, if it is, how do I know which folders are in us, which ones to search ?

Thanks

Reaction score
Hi Jim.h welcome to PC review, I am sorry I cannot help you as I not using BT. But I am sure one of our other members will be able to help you. Once again welcome to PCR and join in and enjoy.:thumb:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi Jim, welcome to the forums :).

How are you accessing your e-mails? Are you using a client like Microsoft Outlook, the Mail app in Windows 10, etc... or are you using webmail?

Reaction score
Hi Jim, welcome to the forums :).

How are you accessing your e-mails? Are you using a client like Microsoft Outlook, the Mail app in Windows 10, etc... or are you using webmail?
I am using outlook. I have deleted the account then set it back up but its still the same

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Are they listed under the same account on the navigation menu on the left? Is this Outlook 2016?

If you could take a screenshot of where they are listed, it may reveal a bit more information. The windows snipping tool is great for screenshots, and will let you draw where your e-mail address may appear as the account name (to make sure it stays private).

Reaction score
Are they listed under the same account on the navigation menu on the left? Is this Outlook 2016?

If you could take a screenshot of where they are listed, it may reveal a bit more information. The windows snipping tool is great for screenshots, and will let you draw where your e-mail address may appear as the account name (to make sure it stays private).

outlook 2007
inbox.jpg

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
It looks like you've got 3 accounts enabled according to the screenshot - at least if I understand correctly (it's been a while since I used Outlook 2007). If you go to Tools> Account Settings, does it list just the one account?

Do the older "personal folders" inboxes contain your previous e-mails? I suspect that when moving ISPs, they sent over config files which automatically created a new account within outlook for your. Your old e-mails are still stored within their own account containers - you can either keep them as-is (like an archive), delete them, or perhaps move them to within your new account.

Reaction score
hi Ian

thanks for your reply........account settings showing only one account open.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
In that case, I'd probably just drag all of the old items in to the appropriate folders and delete the duplicate folders. Before you do this... back up the PC, just in case!

Ask a Question