two copies of XP pro on same drive

How can I remove one copy of XP - I had some problems and inadvertenly installed another copy of XP on drive C - I named it Windows2 - every time I reboot it asks which one I want to use - can I delete the Windows2?

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Go to Start > Run and type in: MSCONFIG , and hit enter,
Click the BOOT.INI tab.
Next, click "Check All Boot Paths".
This procedure should correct your BOOT.INI file.

Also read:

I have two installations of XP on the same partition
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/xpfaq.html#two

[Courtesy of MS-MVP Michael Stevens]

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect your PC!

-

| How can I remove one copy of XP - I had some problems and inadvertenly installed another copy of XP on drive
C - I named it Windows2 - every time I reboot it asks which one I want to use - can I delete the Windows2?

flubby1

i tried the advice given but it still shows up dual boot
options at start up. i tried the web link given but it is
not available.
any more ideas on how to get rid of the other boot
option. Thanks in advance
Go to Start > Run and type in: MSCONFIG , and hit enter,
Click the BOOT.INI tab.
Next, click "Check All Boot Paths".
This procedure should correct your BOOT.INI file.

Also read:

I have two installations of XP on the same partition
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/xpfaq.html#two

[Courtesy of MS-MVP Michael Stevens]

--
Carey Frisch