Two autocomplete entries won't disappear!

G

Two entries keep reappearing in the AutoComplete dropdown. Internet Explorer 6.0 on WinXP Home. I've tried clearing History, deleting saved webpages, clearing AutoComplete, disabling AutoComplete, and even manually deleting the entries from the registry. Nothing works!

Could this be registry corruption??? Either way, how can i get rid of those two ---- entires!?

R

Ramesh [MVP]

The autocomplete search keywords are stored in the ProtectedStorage section in the registry. Try closing all the applications (including Internet Explorer) and launch Inetcpl.cpl and click the Content tab. Try clearing the Forms. If that does not help, let us know if you also have password retention problems with Outlook Express or anything?

--
Ramesh - Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k

AumHa VSOP: http://www.aumha.org

Two entries keep reappearing in the AutoComplete dropdown. Internet Explorer 6.0 on WinXP Home. I've tried clearing History, deleting saved webpages, clearing AutoComplete, disabling AutoComplete, and even manually deleting the entries from the registry. Nothing works!

Could this be registry corruption??? Either way, how can i get rid of those two ---- entires!?

G

Type the starting letters of the one you want to delete, select it (don't click it) hit delete key-gone

S

Steve N.

jake said:
Two entries keep reappearing in the AutoComplete dropdown. Internet
Explorer 6.0 on WinXP Home. I've tried clearing History, deleting
saved webpages, clearing AutoComplete, disabling AutoComplete, and
even manually deleting the entries from the registry. Nothing works!

Could this be registry corruption??? Either way, how can i get rid of
those two ---- entires!?

If you have M$ Word turn off autocomplete in it, too.

Steve

G

Thankyou for the advice; I don't use OE (I use the MS Office version of Outlook), but no problems there.

S

Steve N.

jake said:
Thankyou for the advice; I don't use OE (I use the MS Office version
of Outlook), but no problems there.

Turn off Autocomplete in Word. It effects Autocomplete in IE, too.

Steve

Ask a Question